Can't get my humidity DOWN.

Quote:
It IS coming down a little, it's now in the 50's. Sooo maybe there's hope! LOL

I'm thinking (since I need it to come down relatively quickly, first set of eggs got here today) I'm going to go ahead with the cardboard idea to see if I can get some of it out.

Thanks for checking back!

Im a little bit northeast of Tampa and I am having the same problem. I have the hovabator 1588. I just went out and bought another hygrometer today in case maybe the one I am using is no longer accurate. I soaked some of the water up but it is still around 60%...
idunno.gif

Quote:
I had to take all of the water out of mine, and I even dried off the inside. I figured if the humidity went down too much I could always add water back. It's hanging out around 50 now.

Quote:
Yep, I figured I'd let them settle over night and wait for the second batch I have coming (just got those, too, thanks KellyHM!) and pop them in the bator in the morning.

those eggs have been through one heck of a ride!

I use to live in fla and I had to use a dehumidifier in my room to take humidity out of the air. Couldnt get the humidity down any other way,If you get your room humidity down then the bator will also,

Quote:
Volunteering to move to FL? I could so use a few of those gorgeous silkies you have.

Fortunately, my humidity is only slightly higher than I want it at this point... though I did everything short of put it in a vacuum ; )

Quote:
Volunteering to move to FL? I could so use a few of those gorgeous silkies you have.

Fortunately, my humidity is only slightly higher than I want it at this point... though I did everything short of put it in a vacuum ; )

I would leave it, as the incubation progresses you will not have to add water too often.

What town are you in? I grew up North of Tampa in LOL

Back
Top Bottom