Car vs Rooster!!! Can he be saved???

Bless your heart for taking him in and taking such good care of him. Sounds like you are doing all you can for him, TLC and nature have to do their work. Please keep us posted on Lucky.
hugs.gif
love.gif

Their beaks will bleed like crazy if they get an injury to it or cut it, just like quicks on toenails. So I'm betting the blood was from his beak and not from him bleeding internally. Warmth, dryness & fluids, that's what he needs and you're doing great! It certainly wouldn't hurt to put a spponful of honey or sugar in a pint of water and have him drink some of that.
I hope he does good!

Maybe some Watkins Salve or udder balm on his legs? I was just thinking you might have some handy, considering you run a dairy.
Hang in there Lucky Rooster!!

Here's poor Lucky's face and his cracked up beak
sad.png

57353_075.jpg

A close up of the top and bottom cracks

57353_078.jpg

and the top crack goes all the way across his beak...is glue the answer?

57353_080.jpg

Thank you for all of your well wishes and help so far, it is much appreciated! And udder balm, oh yea, we got udder balm
wink.png
LOL

Last edited:
I would recommend hoof epoxy or another quick set epoxy rather than glue. Just make sure you clean it up VERY well first.

...actually, on second thought, that is awful close to his face to have anything that is really fumey...especially for a bird...

Last edited:
Oh and he did poo...I know that's weird to post, but I figure it's an important part of knowing the health of any living creature, right? And it did look normal, so I'm looking on the bright side that this means he may NOT have any serious internal injury...
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom