care to share your silkie crosses?

I have no idea but have been wondering what the ywould look like. I have a Japanese Bantam Roo and 2 silkies(hopefully pullets) if the silkies are girls they will go into the Japanese Bantam pen. Post pics when they hatch and as they grow please, Id love to see them.
Hello there! one of my little eggs hatched this morning and my goodness is it adorable!
love.gif

The mom is a black winged white Jap and the father a blue silkie roo..

The chick has a lot of silkie qualities .. six toes on each foot along with feathers, looks bearded, black skin, grey beak.. otherwise it is white like mom with a single comb and yellow feet

hopefully it turns out to be a she and not a he! :)

Hey everyone!

Since my chicks are currently in the brooder, I don't have very good pictures (yet). My Silkies are crossed with Jersey Giants and are quite big compared to the average Silkie. As far as I know, the incubator that they came from was quite varied.

I'll get more details tomorrow about the chicks and I'll try to post pictures by the end of the week!

All of the crosses I've seen so far are quite beautiful!

My new baby with a Silky daddy an Easter egger mommy......I have black skin and feathered legs.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
just thought I'd share what the bird I posted about earlier looks like now.. my gut tells me its a cockerel but he/she is pretty interesting looking, that's for sure! The dad was a blue silkie and the mom a black tailed white Japanese Bantam!

it has the extra toes and its legs and skin are black but it's toes are yellow
idunno.gif
goofy little chick..

Here are some of my splash marans rooster x white silkie hen's chicks. They all came out blue with 5 toes, feathered shanks and little crests! I can't wait to see what they grow up to look like and what colored eggs they're going to lay.

Here is my newest Slikie cross. Her mom is a Silkie x EE and her Dad is a Gray Japanese Bantam.

This is Snow she is 24 weeks old and just started laying tiny light brown eggs

This is Fetch She is also 24 weeks and is also a Silkie X EE X Japanese Bantam though she looks just like a Black Japanese Bantam. SHe also lays tiny light brown eggs

The green egg is their moms egg(what they hatched from) and the brown egg is Snows egg and Fetch lays the same color

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom