Cat Lover's Corner

Quote:
Hi,
Oh such pretty cats! I have genuine mutts!
smile.png

I will have to post a pic of what I think is a purebred perhaps rag doll that was dumped by me and get your expert opinion. He is a gorgeous cat.

Which ones? lol The Rex's are so so ugly it makes them cute, the siamese and oriental I think are really elegant looking, the singapura is a bit of an acquired taste but they have a very wild look to them, like a lion, seriously. The turkish angora and the egyptian mau are the ones I personally think are really, really, really pretty.

I've had a bit to do with Ragdolls too, through friends (I've had a bit to do with quite a few different breeds of pedigree cats). Ragdolls are gorgeous guys - I had a Ragdoll/Maine Coon mix years ago. Looking forward to your pic!

Just about ready to be weaned....They are 4 weeks old now, the pic is at about 3 weeks.
My abandoned orphans are growing so fast! Almost miss the every 2 to 3 hour feedings.
Will have to get more recent pics.
PICT2328.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful kittens, glad mommy kitty was there to raise them. I have been Mom since they were 2 days old.
I have tamed a few of my ferals, very loving, but do not like being picked up.
There are a huge amount of ferals in the suburban neighborhood I live in, I had 17 cats fixed through a TNR program 5 years ago and stole many newborn kittens that I raised to be placed in loving homes. I have 3 left outside, have tamed 3 that I adopted. The rest were hit by cars.
I made a verbal agreement to the person that brought me the kittens. I would take the kittens if they partake in TNR. Yes I have been on them like white on rice, and I will be a pain in their tail till they do commit.

Last edited:
Quote:
We raised her last litter because the dog got ahold of her and we thought she was left for dead. I actually seen him pick her up and shake her like a rag doll. I was screaming, DH had left for the day, kids were in bed, I was in my nightgown outside like a mad woman screaming at the dog to put the cat down. By the time I got in the house to raise my son for help and back out she was gone. It took us all day digging through the junk to find 4 kittens and then one we couldn't find. It finally let itself be known where it was when it got hungry so a few hours of digging and we had them. We brought the kits in and bottle fed them and found new homes for them. About 3 months later we started seeing her again in the woods.

It was quite comical to call my DH on his lunch break at work and say "dear would you stop and pick up a kitty bottle and formula and a couple cans of wet food" If you could've just been there
gig.gif

Around the last month before she had these she really tamed down and started letting up pet her. We thought it would never happen. I've tamed many a wild kittys before and she has been my hardest hands down.

Oh poor cat! I'm glad she survived, and you were able to save the kittens.
I can just imagine your husband's reaction! Mine would have said something sinical like "oh good, you've got fishing bait". He puts on a good act, but I know he does have a heart.
The 2 I have left are semi tame, they are still very skiddish.
Some of the others were pretty tame. It always make it a bit more of a bittersweet thing when they don't return.
I try not to get attached, but that's pretty much impossible for me.
sad.png

Last edited:
I have 2 indoor only babies, Akua & STELLA. Since we moved to our new home, there are a half dozen strays that come and go in our yard
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom