Cat stalking chickens?!!

I have personally seen a cat attack chickens. Once the chickens became full grown, once they started laying eggs, the cats left them alone. But before then I lost several chickens to a couple less then year old cats. I think the full grown rooster, helped alot.

Thanks,
My hens are 1 and a half to almost 5 years old they are full grown. I saw the cat again it is a young kitten smaller than my hens. Once it gets older I'll worry more but I think it belongs to my neighbors who have a little cat carrier out side and they put poop filled cat litter in my yard. :/

Last edited:
Cats that are hungry will attack a full grown chicken. I've seen it. I live in a rural area and there's so many feral cats around it's unbelievable. I keep a live trap set at all times and I've caught 8 cats this past summer within 50 yards of my chickens. Same with possums and raccoons. I have 5 dogs too, that bark at everything doesn't keep the cats from coming close to my chickens, closer than any other predator so far. Just get a good live trap bait it with fried chicken, tied high in the back of the trap by a string. Call animal control to pick them up, feral cats are easy to identify trapped, because they'll be very upset and going crazy. A cat that's been around humans will be much more relaxed. I have animal control take all of them, feral or not, as I don't want cats on my property killing wildlife.

Last edited:
I would do that but I think this cat belongs to my neighbors and it's a kitten so I think they wouldn't be too happy if I did that, that's a great idea though and if this cat does cause a problem in the future I will get a live to trap to catch it.

This cat I'm pretty sure isn't wild although it sure acts like it. :gig

Cats are sneakie, I have 5 dogs and they still come around at night. I've opened my back and front door both and seen them right by my house. You don't even see hardly any of them that are out there at night. Live trapping has shown me just how numerous they really are.

Get a live trap and catch it.
Either take it to your neighbors, and find out if it's theirs, if not take it to a shelter.

ps I am not a cat person. Any animal that needs to poop in my house is not an animal that will poop in my house.

They get in their litter box do their business and then climb all over furniture, people, everything else, with their filthy paws.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom