Cat stalking chickens?!!

Get a live trap and catch it.
Either take it to your neighbors, and find out if it's theirs, if not take it to a shelter.

ps I am not a cat person. Any animal that needs to poop in my house is not an animal that will poop in my house.

They get in their litter box do their business and then climb all over furniture, people, everything else, with their filthy paws.

Last edited:
They get in their litter box do their business and then climb all over furniture, people, everything else, with their filthy paws.
I suppose it would be inappropriate to start an anti cat thread.
gig.gif

They actually are responsible for more wildlife destruction, than any other factor besides loss of habitat. In some parts of Australia, they're illegal and game wardens trap and destroy them.

I actually love cats. :/ I love all animals in general really.
I have 4 of them, barn cats for killing all the mice and rats. They poo and pee outside, never returning to the litter box scene, disgusting mess I have to clean 'cause they like to kick it everywhere and 9/10 times failed to even poop inside it.
I have a flock of 11, two roo and 9 hens, with more on the way.
I have 5 silkies, and all of my hens are tiny in general. They range from 12wks-20wks old as of this post, and I trust every single one of the chickens' lives with my cats. My cats have not touched a single one since I first put them on the ground at 10 weeks, besides the "hello, who are you?" and then ignoring them .
A few months ago while looking at my security camera footage, a raccoon had been attacking my chickens through the wire, and one of my two white cats attacked and drove the raccoon away ( when I checked on them one of them was injured another one dead, that's why I checked the cameras). I have never ever seen the cats scare away a raccoon until then, they usually just hiss and run away.
I do agree that if you let the stray cat population overflow, they will become hazardous to the environment, but that's with any animal.

Yes people who try to claim humans are the only animals that kill for fun, have never met a cat.... Mind you I keep cats. They are wonderfully useful as pest control, farms are full of mice. But cats are killers, from the house cat to the mountain lion.

It's not so much, if you let the stray cat population overflow, it already is for fact. I don't hate cats, it's not their fault. But, feral cats will attack and kill chickens. I've shot them in the act before. Pet cats like you state can be totally different.

It's not so much, if you let the stray cat population overflow, it already is for fact. I don't hate cats, it's not their fault. But, feral cats will attack and kill chickens. I've shot them in the act before. Pet cats like you state can be totally different.

Oh I disagree. Yes if you have a cat that has been in the house and declawed, it's whole life, the cat can be pretty harmless (Though my mom had a siamese that was still quite the hunter). But any cat, if it can catch a animal will torture and kill it, and not nessisarily to eat.
I am not saying I hate cats. I have had them my whole life, like I said before they are incredibly useful.
Right now I have 6 farm cats I protect and feed. It is their job to keep the mouse population in check. They did kill alot of my chickens this spring, but that that was my fault. I let the chickens out of their coop to early. Now that the chickens are full grown, and so is the rooster, the cats keep a respectful distance.

Back
Top Bottom