Chain link dog kennel for chicken run enclosure ?

Pics
I am needing something like a "doggy door" cut into the door of my dog run so I can just open it to let the chickens into the free range area without so many doves and other birds going in. Has anyone done this or can tell me how?

Thank you! I would love to see a closer picture of how the frame is done on the kennel. I'm one of those gotta see it, gotta touch it, learners. Thank you now I know it can be done.

Just wondering if you happen to know or have any step by step instructions on building your chicken run. Thanks so much for your time. Heidi from Montana

My chook run is a chain link dog kennel frame, with smaller gauge aviary mesh attached, but the door is the original door with the chain link on it. I'm expecting babies to hatch next week, so I need to improve the security of the door. I've attached the aviary mesh over the top of the chain link, so that's now fine not to let any "littlies" through, but there's still quite a gap around the door. I'm thinking to attach something flexible to cover that gap, but it needs to be relatively stable for the vertical sides. I was thinking plastic gutter guard https://www.bunnings.com.au/saxon-180mm-x-8-0m-black-plastic-gutter-guard_p3041095, but does anyone have any better ideas?

I am using an old shed as a coop and currently free ranging my chickens. Am looking at a Blue Hawk 10x10x6ft dog kennel to enclose them for safety after losing a few. Any suggestions how to connect it to the shed?

Anyone here using a chain link fence dog kennel for their chicken run enclosure.
We have a 15 x 10 foot dog kennel that we plan to attach to the chicken coop for our enclosed chicken run...just trying to get some ideas on how others are
using similar ? Fastening to the coop, reinforcing with chicken wire...etc ?

D.gif
Yes I’m using kennel panels. I have a wood fence at the neighbors yard and coop all the way back near that so I have two sides covered. One side of the coop has a gated panel so I can lock up the girls at nite. From the corner of the coop I ran another gated panel for access then another solid ten footer. Then another 12’ turns to box it off to the wood fence and a wire cover made for the works a shade tarp rolls over for warmer weather. Works awesome. My German shepherd keeps critters out of the yard. I do use bits and pieces of cattle panel for reinforcement and to deter the dog who would likely have chicken dinner if she could lol!!

Back
Top Bottom