Chantecler Breeder and Owner Database Project

hey guys I dony have any chanteclers YET!! I am waiting for some ST.RUN partridge chicks that's suppose to come JULY 22nd and I want to know if any one here has any partridge chanteclers? how are there temperament and their egg production?

I dont know how they will do in Texas, they are a breed developed for cold climates and have feathering to match, also combs which are very small and wont dissipate body heat like the large single combed breeds have.

Egg production is excellent, and temperament, but I wouldnt expect them to do as well in Texas as other breeds selected for hot weather.

they will lay any where fine .. people say some breeds don't do well in different climates like silkies people say they don't do well in the cold but they do fine ... they can adapt to any weather ... i only have a partridge chantecler rooster thats it and he doesn't really like the cold very much

We have three white hens, two buff hens (had for two years) and just got a young white cockerel who was purchased from Cackle. We will be able to offer hatching eggs or chicks next year.

Hi,
Anyone know where I can get ahold of the Chantecler database the 1st poster said he was creating?
Thanks,
Karen

Hi,
Anyone know where I can get ahold of the Chantecler database the 1st poster said he was creating?
Thanks,
Karen

It's pretty easy to follow you around!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

You may well buy better birds than mine but you won't likely get FREE .............delivery.
hugs.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

For what it's worth...After severe culling, I have 3 cockerels and 10 pullets, all WHITE.

I bought my original stock from Cackle Hatchery, shortly after they had obtained the birds from Greg Oaks. I believe I got my birds before Cackle bought others from a breeder in MI.

At this point I'm very happy with their overall conformation and laying performance. They require no coddling and have done very well here recently when the temps were a bit cold and the pullets have been laying like Leghorns, excellent shell quality and medium to large eggs from 8 month old birds.

I likely will be selling started birds sometime in the future but it will be most likely much later, rather than sooner.

Pics taken at 4 months of age.

...I bought my original stock from Cackle Hatchery, shortly after they had obtained the birds from Greg Oaks. I believe I got my birds before Cackle bought others from a breeder in MI.

At this point I'm very happy with their overall conformation and laying performance. They require no coddling and have done very well here recently when the temps were a bit cold and the pullets have been laying like Leghorns, excellent shell quality and medium to large eggs from 8 month old birds.
I am the breeder in Michigan that sold day-old white Chantecler chicks to Jeff Smith, at Cackle Hatchery. He also bought adult birds from Greg Oakes (a trio as I recall). I made the introductions for Jeff and Greg to do business. Jeff crossed the two lines and then started offering day-old white Chantecler chicks.

I am the breeder in Michigan that sold day-old white Chantecler chicks to Jeff Smith, at Cackle Hatchery. He also bought adult birds from Greg Oakes (a trio as I recall). I made the introductions for Jeff and Greg to do business. Jeff crossed the two lines and then started offering day-old white Chantecler chicks.

I guessing you no longer have Whites?? I am hoping to find someone to acquire some young stock. So may be I already have some of your birds' genetic material.
thumbsup.gif

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom