Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
HA! the chante's didn't like that one Brahmas went up in THEIR loft and laid an egg in the fresh straw I put there. They pushed all of it out on the ground by next morning. I managed to get the egg tho
wink.png

Quote:
She sure is a nice gal, I enjoyed talking to her and bless her heart she waited an extra 1/2 hour for me to get there with her birds. Don't know why I didn't stay on north bound 75, but instead went straight THRU Flint, I musta hit a million lights.

well those Bloomin' chickens are beautiful and I wish I had enough hens for all the roos, but still looking for a good home for Big John and the other unnamed one. I don't know if anyone will want him since he has a pea-comb and not a cushion.
sad.png
willing to drive up to 50 miles to help him get in a new home.....any takers???? he's FREE 20 weeks today.

Quote:
I've been trying to get whites for the last few years too. Last spring I did manage to hatch a pair from a few eggs all the way from Quebec (old lines stock) and then I got lucky and found a breeding pair from Sand Hill stock and Ontario Stock. I can't wait to start building my flock next year, finaly.

Quote:
love your profile pic, we have a cat "Ackmed the Dead Terriorist Cat" or Acky for short, who does the same thing. So halarious she is.

Oh BTW my hens aren't there yet so I can't answer your question about broodiness. Ought to be getting pretty close tho, they are at 21 weeks this week.

Quote:
Nice coop, and handsome cockerels! I'm not a Chantecler expert but, it appears that Big John has a pea comb instead of a cushion. (Opa has a cushion comb) A set back that should be culled out. However, if he is the best in body type and weight you may want to consider him.

wait! WHich one should be culled, the cushion (Opie)or the pea (John) comb, Im not sure I got your wording correctly.

I was just wondering when your roos started crowing. I hear my blue marans roo crow but I am not hearing a second roo in my pen (and he is 7 months old).

Back
Top Bottom