Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Hi! Can I join? I am looking for hatching eggs from a couple of different breeds. I am also going to try shipping some hatching eggs this season.

Welcome!
If you are new to shipping have a look at the great egg shipping experiment thread to get an idea of what the best ways to ship are. You will be happy you did.

I hope dak sees this. What is NM entry requirements. Their website is no help.

Entry for shows, or entry for shipped eggs/birds?

Both should be NPIP, no AI at this time. HOWEVER....I have had eggs'/birds shipped to me with no documents and there has never been a problem at my rural PO.

Entry for shows, or entry for shipped eggs/birds?

Both should be NPIP, no AI at this time. HOWEVER....I have had eggs'/birds shipped to me with no documents and there has never been a problem at my rural PO.

Just checking entry requirements for all states. So no entry permit required either? Some state websites are real easy to find the info others are of no help. Since I am a private tester in IL. I try to do it right but I have received a couple of letters when I missed entry permit required. You would think they would post it all together to make it easier to comply. Once you send the 9-3 form to the state they send a copy to the state receiving the shipment. So you are really reporting on yourself.

Cali web site is fairly wordy . I did see MANY classifications depending on size and purpose of flocks . Also it caught my eye that it is a voluntary not mandatory program .

it's not mandatory, unless you want to ship across state lines... technically. most don't seem to know or care.

I find it really interesting that they only test for Pullorum. I was under the impression that the NPIP program was started to monitor AI on a national level.

@Haplessrunner, do you know the history behind how the NPIP program started and why?

My understanding is that the NPIP program originated for pullorum testing. Many other testings have been added since then. This link provides a history of the NPIP program in the form of a brochure.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publicati...lpingYouPoultryBreeder-PA1708-FinalJuly09.pdf

Listing of Official State Agencies of NPIP program

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/downloads/osa-npip.pdf

Hi my name is Karen and I live in Virginia . I raise silkies for showing and I love the hobby. I do always have extra eggs though . I was wanting to put them on the 24 auction but wasn't sure if I just up and post them or do I have to fill out something first . I had bought eggs from the auction on here before they switched it over .
I also noticed on that some people are worried over Va NPIP requirements for shipping eggs . Does that mean that I can not bid on any auctions on the 24 hour thread ? :(( Best to know up front before I bid . I do watch for eggs that are from NPIP flocks as I am NPIP and I want to keep it that way :)
I do have my NPIP slips to send with any eggs I sell and will include them in the box

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom