Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I know this is the chat thread for the auction page, but I know there are alot of Ameraucana folks on here. So I hope you don't mind me posting this question. I need help from Ameraucana people! First time with this breed, and wondering if the pullets feather out quicker than the cockerels? Or get their tail feathers sooner? I can sex the Marans, but having a hard time with the Ameraucanas.

Last edited:
Need help from Ameraucana people! First time with this breed, and wondering if the pullets feather out quicker than the cockerels? Or get their tail feathers sooner? I can sex the Marans, but having a hard time with the Ameraucanas.

Nope, sorry... :(

Am's cannot be reliably feather sexed... or most of any other tips or tricks... just wait and compare leg thickness with comb development... a lot of them you can't even be certain until they show saddle feathers or start laying... :/

Last edited:
Nope, sorry...
sad.png

Am's cannot be reliably feather sexed... or most of any other tips or tricks... just wait and compare leg thickness with comb development... a lot of them you can't even be certain until they show saddle feathers or start laying...
hmm.png

X2 - super hard to sex them early

Uggg, its killing me not knowing. They are Lavender, so all their combs look pink to me, kind of like my Lav Orps. Thanks though for answering my question.

Back
Top Bottom