cheap egg cartons

Zellwin is the best price I have see so far. Especially since no additional shipping is charged. I just wish they had a paper carton with a solid top....to allow for a larger label.

If you have "regular" customers or even new ones and you won't be in violation of state laws, ask them to "recycle" their "used' cartons back to you. I live in Kansas and it's perfectly acceptable to "reuse" cartons so long as you cross off any references to other producers (i.e. logos, grading, etc). These won't provide blank unmarked all the time but if taking these simple steps works, it's a no cost way of getting egg cartons. If you need the blanks because you sell your eggs in more commercial environments, then this won't work but for the general backyard enthusiast who just sells what they won't consume, then it's a good deal.

In NY we are not allowed to sell eggs packaged in another company's carton. I'm not sure if we are allowed to re-use our own or if they have to be brand new or not.
I've been lucky when just giving my eggs away- I had one very happy recipient who gave me three 100 packs of blank top cartons for me to customize and use :) he got them from the eggcartonstore.com. I think they have pretty reasonable prices...

I've honestly been considering adding a 50c charge per dozen just to cover the cost of the cartons..lol. I've not recovered a couple hundred and tempted to put them in walmart bags for the peps I know will never return them... :D

I need blank because I'm starting up a small egg busness and want to have my own individual box and label.

I found some solid top paper ones at the egg carton store . Seem to be a pretty good deal. .36 cents each for 500

I've honestly been considering adding a 50c charge per dozen just to cover the cost of the cartons..lol. I've not recovered a couple hundred and tempted to put them in walmart bags for the peps I know will never return them... :D

I've also thought about increasing the general price by $.50 and giving that discount to those who bring them back to me...

My customers couldn't care less what the eggs are delivered in,, they know they are getting good fresh eggs.. never more than 3 days old..

I am old enough to remember when the corner grocery store sold eggs "per each", and there were no cartons.. the eggs got sent home with you in a brown paper bag ..(a "poke", for the southerners),,

I also worked in a grocery store where the check out girls candled eggs when there were no customers to wait on..

with the little profit margin on eggs, how much do you have to charge if you are using these $.50 cartons ?

If I was only selling to friends and family, I could do that with no problem (I have tons of egg cartons people give me). My eggs will be in a retail store and I want to establish my own name brand of sorts. I will get $3 dozen. Correct, profit margin is low, but over time it helps pay for feed. It's a hobby for me more than anything.

If I was only selling to friends and family, I could do that with no problem (I have tons of egg cartons people give me). My eggs will be in a retail store and I want to establish my own name brand of sorts. I will get $3 dozen. Correct, profit margin is low, but over time it helps pay for feed. It's a hobby for me more than anything.
I get $2.5o/dozen I buy feed by the ton.. literally ..
this brings sales to just about zero $$
do you have to get a state license to sell eggs in a market ? I know you would if you were selling to a restaurant..

If I were to get a license, I would be looking up restaurants to sell to.. they use a lot of eggs per day.

In the store, do you have to buy back outdated eggs ? that raises the price per dozen too..

Back
Top Bottom