Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hello hello!
It's definitely been a while for me here! Sadly our little flock has passed. Haven't had any chooks since, but I'm still learning all I can and planning for a future flock :)
Build it and they will come!

Get a predator proof chicken coop up and running!

Busy with dogs, and chickens. Waiting for someone to go broody so I can sneak some new chicks under her. Getting 10 - 12 eggs a day out of 13 hens.
How many dogs?
We need pictures of your Bernese mountain dogs!

Dogs rule!

Last edited:
I have had some ups and downs definitely. I started out with 13 chickens, lost all but one due to free ranging. Gave that one away before winter hit. Lesson learned. Next spring 8 more chickens. Chickens got out of new run, lost 1 and 2. Refortified run, got a rooster and these guys are a year old. Expanded my run and it is now 200 ft x 200ft (estimated) and a 2nd coop. Now with 11 new 4 and 5 week old chicks in the brooder. All chickens have been safe since last summer. Whew what a crazy couple of new chicken mama years.
Sorry for your loss but glad to hear all is better now!

Hello, nice of you to check in. Still raising chickens, have 6 new chicks in the brooder, we are down to 2 full grown hens, so adding to our flock. We have been putting up netting over our enclosed garden area, had an eagle kill one of our chickens, was so traumatic for me, we are trying to make it as safe as possible for them. First time this has happened in 10 years. Wondering how old our chicks should be to release with the other hens?
There are a few things that really help when integrating chicks to an existing flock. Number one is space...can you post a few pics of your coop?

Hi Everyoneeee, its been a long LONG time since Ive signed in. My flock has changed a lot since then. Some chickens have been lost some new chickens have arrived, some have hatched. For now all my hens are just living their lives and getting old together. I couldnt find a picture with all of them but allow me to present my youngest daughter, Petunia (she's a bit of a drama queen with finding good nests 😂😂)
PETUNIA.jpg

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Been busy but good. Had a lot of ups and downs, hatching a lot, but also loosing alot from foxes, hawks and coyotes.
Sounds like you've been through a lot with your flock, facing challenges but also enjoying hatching. Hope things continue to improve for you and your feathered friends! Please keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom