Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hello! Our girls are happy and healthy!! We have 7 (2 Easter Eggers, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Bantams) and they have such sweet personalities. A couple of months ago, a falcon tried his best to get one of my bantams. There were feathers everywhere and my heart sank. We found her, uninjured…the feathers were the falcon’s! The falcon has not returned. Glory’s new name is Glory the Conquerer 😊. Thanks for checking it in!
aww so sweet! my hens think I'm their mama. Bad falcon!! at least he has not come back.

Hi Nify,
Thanks for checking on me. I haven't been on here because my wild ducks have grown and have moved on out of their mom's apartment. LOL!
Just a few weeks ago, a dog killed a mamma duck that left 5 of her eggs on a nest that we've been watching. I brought them in and put them in my incubator. Oh boy..here we go again!
I knew it was close and 10 days later...all 5 hatched and are doing well.
Muscovy's must be really hardy because my first rescue of 3, all 3 hatched and after training them to go to the pond, etc..., they all thrived. One, has become a mamma herself.
This next batch all hatched fine as well. I read where usually there's only a 60% hatch rate. I have no idea because I don't have a clue.
They are two weeks old now. Just started putting them outside in my make-shift duck coop for a few hours.
At night they are back in the spare bedroom. Not easy with 4 dogs that would like to eat them!
Ducks moved out of mom's? On their way to college? ;)

Sorry about the dog attack. We also lost mujscovys once to neighbor's dog :(

Keep up the wonderful work, and thanks for sharing your duck adventures with us!

Hi all,

Life has been busy. Have been showing my chooks in the poultry shows but won't get to his year as I'm travelling around my country for a bit. Hopefully next year I can continue with them. I've lost a few roosters, one being my beautiful coronation Sussex roo, who was looking very promising, so I'm having a break from breeding them for a while too. Hopefully when I get back into it I can upgrade the coop and get another beautiful roo to continue my lines.
Travelling around your country (which one?) sounds much better that a poultry show. Enjoy every minute of it!
Take lots of pictures and make a Google photo album to share with family and friends!

Unfortunately a hungry bear decided raided our coop last fall, and basically destroyed it. I don't have the heart to rebuild, fearing a repeat. I am buying eggs from someone a few miles away though - the taste and quality of fresh eggs just cannot be beaten.
So sorry for your loss glad you found fresh eggs nearby

Back
Top Bottom