Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Tu! I love them all; the geese are like feathered dogs- good ‘watchdogs’ that’s why have 3.
Have you trained them to come when called? My Mom taught hers to come to "babies" and they'd all come running (and one flying) from wherever. They are definitely awesome birds.

Have you trained them to come when called? My Mom taught hers to come to "babies" and they'd all come running (and one flying) from wherever. They are definitely awesome birds.
Yea they pretty much come to me when called; I call them back when kinda get far away (have half acre plus they go up in the woods little bit). Have to watch for coyotes and sometimes human predators lol

Yea they pretty much come to me when called; I call them back when kinda get far away (have half acre plus they go up in the woods little bit). Have to watch for coyotes and sometimes human predators lol
Predators are never cool. That's good they come so well. 🥰

You are so right; I only let them out when I’m home and def keep eye on them. I used to have 2 German shepherds so they did that-excellent doggos.
What kinda of birds etc do you have?
I currently only have chickens, but back when my Mom had the geese, we had two Sebastopol/Embden mixes (Comet and Blizzard) and a Tuffed Roman/Embden mix named Dinosaur.

Still here. I read posts but don’t usually post anything. Have a flock of 14, learned to waterglass eggs in 5 gallon buckets and keep my kids and their families in eggs.
My best layers yet have been “Mystic Marans”. Nice egg color and great layers. I loved my little cream Legbars, but the bigger hens picked on them so I rehomed them and they are doing well in their new flock.
Thanks for stopping by! Glad you are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom