Chicken Breed Focus - Bielefelder

I wanted these chickens SOOOO badly, but I couldn't order them online, and my local feed store did not have them.
They frequently have them on Murray McMurray’s website. You have to check exactly 3 weeks before hatch day (Ship day) and then check daily and then quite suddenly breeds that you think were sold out will magically appear on the website!
Good luck!😊

They frequently have them on Murray McMurray’s website. You have to check exactly 3 weeks before hatch day (Ship day) and then check daily and then quite suddenly breeds that you think were sold out will magically appear on the website!
Good luck!😊
The reason why I couldn't get them online was because the shipping is just to much.

Murray has free shipping with a minimum order, some breeds have a six bird minimum. They do charge a small order fee of $35. If you really wanted to get them maybe you could split the shipping with a friend who also wants chicks😊

Murray has free shipping with a minimum order, some breeds have a six bird minimum. They do charge a small order fee of $35. If you really wanted to get them maybe you could split the shipping with a friend who also wants chicks😊

I don't really know anyone who wants chicks, and I already have 10 chickens, and so I don't really want expand much bigger right now.

I recently received chicks from Murry McMurray this spring. Plus I put 14 eggs to the hatch.
I liked the fact that their more rare and a heavier bird. I ended up with 16 roos, that 14 went to butcher at 15 weeks. I should have waited another month or more. They weren't too heavy at 15 weeks. Now with 14 hens and 2 roos that's enough to deal with.
The males are docile for the most part. The hens are curious at times. They stay close to the coop. Sometimes they will venture out maybe 70-80 feet in the weeds. Then back they come. I have a 4' fence of plastic wire around them. Plus a solar fence charger on 2 wires top and near the bottom.
I did lose some, my fault. I didn't have the lamp down far enough. They would snuggle on top of each other. lost 8 I believe. Lesson learned again. They should start to lay in late September of early October.
This is my setup.

P1010014.JPG
P1010015.JPG
P1010016.JPG
P1010017.JPG

As you can see all my Roos prior to process.
My fencing and Solar charger. About 300 feet enclosed in a semi-circle. I imagine that someday they will visit it. :)

If you want a reliable delivery contact Murray McMurray Hatchery.
Mine were on the road for 4 days, that's what with virus and getting delivery brought about. All 33 were in good shape. The eggs I ordered from New York, took 8 days. 14 were sent, and 10 hatched. Not too bad after being bounced around and setting around in April.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom