Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

It will be difficult for the SPCA to do anything if there isn't any obvious neglect. If he's not starving and has access to shelter and water, there is nothing they can do legally. We had the same problem with a neighbour here. If they get all those roos, report them as a noise nuisance. And find out who their landlord is, and complain to them already now. They usually don't want to deal with any hassles, so they will just forbid the tenants hopefully.
That pitbull is just a disaster waiting to happen. It will end up biting someone and will be put down, because "he's vicious". Maybe you can convince them to hand it over to welfare, at least there he'll get a chance. And get sterilized. I HATE people who don't sterilize their pets! I have just adopted another rescue dog destined to be put to sleep because she bit someone (completely due to stupid and uncaring owners) and seeing what goes on is just heart breaking...

Thanks, I wish there were more people who cared so much for their animals. We live on a small farm so we won't be able to report them as a noise nuisance, but we have the same landlord so I've already asked my husband to go speak to him if they don't do something about the dog. I'm really worried about what will happen if he snaps one day, because they have small kids and we have a toddler too. The dog is completely uncontrolable because he's never been trained and he gets out whenever the gardener comes to mow the lawn. A new dog training school has just opened right across the road from us so I want to ask them if I can take him for training, then at least he gets some positive stimulation and can learn to listen to me. It really is heartbreaking how many animals must suffer because people are irresponsible.

That is a very dangerous situation indeed. Maybe if your husband can make them aware of that... Its ridiculous that YOU have to take on the responsibility and go train the dog. If he gets out of the property I would just take him away and take him to the SPCA. They will then need to pay a release fee for their dog and if it happens repeatedly and they don't take steps to secure their property, the dog will get taken away anyway. They may even have to sterilize it too then. And if they can't prove its their dog, i.e. its not microchipped and has no collar, its going to be hard for them to prove its theirs. And there will be consequences for that, too. If its a young dog, they won't just put it down, they will try home him to a better, responsible home where he gets the care he needs.

hedz82 how are you? is latent BF still awash in the Atlantic somewhere?

Poor chameleon has dreadful neighbours and that dog is, as we all say a real danger - only the other day one attacked the maid of the house and killed her because she came home late it was in the paper somewhere in Melrose I think.

Nice to haveyou back - how's the bacteria growing? lol

Hi guys found the little booger that bit me - came in via my cat I think. Tiny tiny little pitch black spidy - packed a punch though. Anyway bite has gone purple and my homeopath gave me some Spanish Poiisonous Spider anti venom and its fine just itchy now. Just wondering where mother is?
sickbyc.gif

Have you tried this new cat food by Weeruva 'mack and jack' my cats loved it, stikkend quick quick very expensive though.

How's all the chooks?

Hi guys found the little booger that bit me - came in via my cat I think. Tiny tiny little pitch black spidy - packed a punch though. Anyway bite has gone purple and my homeopath gave me some Spanish Poiisonous Spider anti venom and its fine just itchy now. Just wondering where mother is?
sickbyc.gif

Have you tried this new cat food by Weeruva 'mack and jack' my cats loved it, stikkend quick quick very expensive though.

How's all the chooks?

I haven't seen anything here by Weeruva, I was just at the shop yesterday to get more cat food and I was looking for a new brand but we don't get much here. I try to switch between a few of the better brands I can find here so she at least doesn't get too much of the same thing.

The chooks are great, I just went to candle NN's eggs now, and the ones I could reach are definitely fertile!
celebrate.gif
Now to start building her a seperate coop...

Hope your bite heals soon.

I haven't seen anything here by Weeruva, I was just at the shop yesterday to get more cat food and I was looking for a new brand but we don't get much here. I try to switch between a few of the better brands I can find here so she at least doesn't get too much of the same thing.

The chooks are great, I just went to candle NN's eggs now, and the ones I could reach are definitely fertile!
celebrate.gif
Now to start building her a seperate coop...

Hope your bite heals soon.
ya.gif
that is great news, lots of NN's - must put pics up. Bite is fine thanks. The catfood is an import, I think from Canada can't quite read the lable.

Back
Top Bottom