Chicken Guardian at Work

Mountain Man Jim

Songster
13 Years
Oct 14, 2007
Rocky Mountain Foothills
Hi all,

The following are some pictures of our Chicken Guardian, Fluffy. It appears that Fluffy was concerned that our youngest dog, Molly, was a little too interested in the new chicks and ducklings. Fluffy is a Great Pyrenees and they are known to protect by simply placing themselves between their charge and the danger. In the second photo you can see that Fluffy is keeping an eye on Molly. The new chicks and ducklings are in the chicken tractor behind Fluffy. This is first time we have seen Fluffy behave like this and this is the third day the babies were housed outside for the day.

Molly is a little too interested in the babies. Its her first time with chicks and ducklings, so we are keeping an eye on her, including Fluffy. Molly has been great with the adult birds.

All I can say is good doggy!!

Jim

CIMG0002small.jpg

CIMG0003small.jpg

CIMG0004small.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is just too adorable!
tongue.png

You should send those pictures to the Great Pyrenes Club - what a fabulous example of a dog doing her job! She should be in a calendar!

That's awesome! I hope we find a good guardian for our birds, I think Zo might try and eat them before she'd protect them :|

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great my JD was the same way the the chickens and the kids whenever either of them moved he would follow and watch.

That is wonderful that you have Fluffy

Back
Top Bottom