Chicken math

I can already see chicken math working it's magic on me, and I haven't even gotten any chickens yet!

So I decided, 4 is a good number of chickens, that will be my little flock. I started putting together a collage by googling pictures of different breeds that I think are really pretty, and I'm finding that 4 is just not enough!! I need an Ayam Cemani, a blue/splash Ameraucana, a Cream Legbar, Rhode Island Red, Barred Plymouth Rock and a Buff Orpington to sort of round it out. That's already 6.. I really need another patterned hen too, maybe a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte!

Okay, I just need all the hens in ALL the colors!

Ha ha ha, I just ordered 15 chicks online to be delivered in 2 wks. Big mistake looking at those chickens. We got 21 right now, considering we wanted only 4 to start with. What will that make? 30++

Guilty as charged, chicken math strikes again. I just lost a three year old who went broody, so sad....we were going to get two more and....ended up ordering 5 females barred rocks...hummm. my husband asked how did I talk him into 5 more? he's outside now expanding the pen, adding more nest boxes and working on the coop.lol. Chicken math struck him too! The barred rocks are HIS favorite so it didn't take too much arm twisting! in fact, he even paid for them this time! miracles never cease!! lol

Hmm...
Wanted two chicks. Going to only get two chicks.
SHRIEK What if one dies.
Increases number to three.
Looses some birds.
Well, I could just increase to twenty birds in total.
Decides I will get eight.
BUT SOME MIGHT DIE
Ends up I am going to get 10 chicks this year.

lau.gif

love the chicken math! hubby did a good job building a bigger house and attaching it to my run. next he needs to get some milk crates from work = more nesting boxes!YAY. I'm so proud of him! He even wants a rooster now which is UNBELIEVABLE!!He fell in absolute love with the girls I raised 4 years ago,let me get more, then more, now more!! YAY. He's came such a loooong way since the beginning!!!

Back
Top Bottom