Chicken math

Well, today is the day I take the egg turner out of the incubator and put the eggs on the mesh floor and go into "lockdown". We'll know by Monday how many chicks I'll have!

As previously posted, I currently have 15 in the chicken tractor (still small), and 10 in the indoor brooder. If all my eggs hatch, I'll have six more. This was my first run with the incubator, so we'll see!

Well,  today is the day I take the egg turner out of the incubator and put the eggs on the mesh floor and go into "lockdown".  We'll know by Monday how many chicks I'll have!

As previously posted, I currently have 15 in the chicken tractor (still small), and 10 in the indoor brooder.  If all my eggs hatch, I'll have six more.  This was my first run with the incubator, so we'll see!

Good luck!

Well,  today is the day I take the egg turner out of the incubator and put the eggs on the mesh floor and go into "lockdown".  We'll know by Monday how many chicks I'll have!

As previously posted, I currently have 15 in the chicken tractor (still small), and 10 in the indoor brooder.  If all my eggs hatch, I'll have six more.  This was my first run with the incubator, so we'll see!
how's the hatch going peeps?

I had chicks due today too! Put 42 into lockdown on Friday and so far 17 have hatched, 10 hatched yesterday and the rest today (due day) this is also my first hatch and it's going very well so far! Cute little fluffy bums :) hopefully I can sell them all so hubby doesn't get too mad when I start up the bator again for the next hatch asap haha

I had chicks due today too! Put 42 into lockdown on Friday and so far 17 have hatched, 10 hatched yesterday and the rest today (due day) this is also my first hatch and it's going very well so far! Cute little fluffy bums
smile.png
hopefully I can sell them all so hubby doesn't get too mad when I start up the bator again for the next hatch asap haha
That is so exciting! I think we will try hatching next time.

So far 27 have hatched, one died trying to get out and there's two more pipped in the bator and 12 doing nothing... now I'm wondering how long I should give the ones that aren't doing anything

how's the hatch going peeps?

Well, keeping in mind I only put 6 eggs in and that I had no assurances they were all fertile, I got two chicks from the batch. I think one was from my Brahma hen, and one was from one of my orphintons because they are both yellow in color. The roosters are both white leghorn/Buff laced Polish crosses, so they may have gotten the yellow down from their grandfather. At any rate, I'm shutting down operations tonight, and I'll try another batch of more eggs in a few months. Both chicks are in with the EE chicks that are a week older, and doing just fine! Eating and drinking and ....., well, you know!

Back
Top Bottom