Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
Got the email from Meyers Hatchery saying they were having a chicken cover and I'm determined to get a good picture of my little handicapped Igor to submit.

However, Epiphany and Lucien were stealing the show like some popular high school kids in a John Hughes movie.

We also had our biannual cleaning of the rear ends and greasing up of legs/feet/waddles/combs this week, much to everyone's distain.

Unfortunately, my flock had their first encounter with a raccoon last night and Igor was killed. I'm really heartbroken because he was my favourite and it's not a great thing to find first thing in the morning. The other babies had some damage but are still alive. I'm hoping I can get some help securing stuff.

I got this big kennel at tractor supply and put the coop inside of it to protect them at night. It was only $299 and the roof was $99 i only keep in here at night and then i built them a little yard to play in next to their run. They are 100% secure. If you don't have a tractor supply near you or cant afford something like this you can message me and i can tell how to build them something for cheap ( im a set builder)

Thank you. I'm hoping this incident will get my brother and dad to help me out since I'm disabled enough that I need help. Unfortunately, I was taking their security for granted since we hadn't had a run in with predators until this year. I guess I can take comfort in knowing that the 3 cockerels fought the skunks off (it turned out the culprits were 2 huge skunks) well enough that they didn't get all the way into the grow out pen/coop and kill all of them. :)

Back
Top Bottom