Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Quote:
Welcome.

Speaking of eggs...I'm debating on not supplementing light this winter to give my girls a break in their laying cycle. Anybody have suggestions?

Quote:
Welcome.

Speaking of eggs...I'm debating on not supplementing light this winter to give my girls a break in their laying cycle. Anybody have suggestions?

Anybody?

A friend of mine was saying he would be doing the same...not adding supplemental light. I would like to think it extends their laying "years", so that might not be a bad idea. I will likely add a light for heat...which will defeat the purpose altogether! Oh well...I'd rather have warm, happy chickens through the winter.

Quote:
Muggsmaggee,

I dont like to be the one to point this out, but those with the addiction ALWAYS say, "I'll just cut back, I won't have so many."
Oh, it might work for a few days, maybe a week, but then, POW you are back where you started, and maybe worse!
LOL
big_smile.png

I love this thread, and I don't even own any birds yet.
wee.gif

It's getting worse. Now I have pigeons too!

I need more coops. I need to sell some birds to pay for feed. I have bators full. I need help!

Quote:
Muggsmaggee,

I dont like to be the one to point this out, but those with the addiction ALWAYS say, "I'll just cut back, I won't have so many."
Oh, it might work for a few days, maybe a week, but then, POW you are back where you started, and maybe worse!
LOL
big_smile.png

I love this thread, and I don't even own any birds yet.
wee.gif

Oh my goodness! YOU ARE SO CORRECT!! Ba ha ha ha! I'm busted AND in serious trouble!

Back
Top Bottom