Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Quote:
Is your brinsea a cabinet or table bator? I've been searching for the cabinet bators and they are EXPENSIVE. I've been telling myself it will be my christmas gift...but I'm not sure I can hit the "buy" button! Gulp!

As for our fellow BYC'er...I would be happy to send a chicken or two her way. The way I look at it...I am just making room for more. Have her PM me and we'll get some out to her.

Brinsea is a table bator, only 20-30 eggs (I managed to put 30 in there but it was a pain in the butt). I don't think I'll ever need the volume of a cabinet bator and my hubby would kill me. Hee hee.
smile.png

I told her to PM you - I don't have any LF hens to spare right now, only banties, but I hate thinking of a poor lone chicken.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I wish I had your control! If my bator was performing properly, I'd still be going strong! Maybe I should set my sights on the table model instead. I would love to supply our local feed stores with my chicks this spring! I'm off to peruse the Brinsea table models...

Boy do I have a dilemma! I'm looking at the Brinsea Octagon incubator (holds 24 chicken eggs)...it has auto turn, etc. The cost...$299.00. The humidity pump is an additional $149. Shipping is $38.

The Brinsea 190 Cabinet incubator (holds 192 chicken eggs)...auto turners, fans, etc...the cost $749 and the humidity pump is FREE! Shipping is $90.

http://www.brinsea.com/

I may need someone to talk some sense into me! $839.00 (192 eggs) vs. $486.00 (24 eggs). Each has a 2 year warrantee. I don't trust myself to build my own bator.

Oh my cow! I wish I was in your position.

I guess the sensible thing to do would be to order the smaller model, UNLESS you plan on hatching to sell, otherwise you are going to end up with too many chicks real quick!

I made mine and I will put pictures up, but I gotta get it a little prettier first, right now it looks like something the cat dragged in!

I am sure you saw this but I got a 10% coupon for brinsea by "liking" them on Facebook.

They sure build pretty 'bators!

Ok, there is your dose of sense, now I need some back. I have spent almost $80 on hatching eggs on ebay and I keep looking at more and I don't even know if my bator is going to work or how many it will hold! I feel like a junkie, looking for a fix!

Since I last posted I bought some Sultan eggs on ebay. I can't stop myself!

Quote:
I bought my Advance EX on Ebay (with humidity pump and auto turner) - cost was around $300 total. Check ebay just in case! Now mine supposedly only holds 20 chicken eggs, but I fit quite a few more by just not putting in the dividers. I used the foam that comes with the dividers to keep all the eggs standing up properly. It was a pain but I fit 30 in there!
tongue.png
(To be fair, about half were bantam). It gets really crowded when hatching in there, so I do snatch out chicks as needed.

Right now I'm hatching for myself. However, I really want to hatch for the masses! Especially in the spring. And you do make a good point that I will have a lot of birds really fast! It is still SOOO tempting.
droolin.gif
I've checked Ebay just once...they were more expensive...for the same new model. Maybe it was a dealer? Not sure.
caf.gif

Quote:
Hey Muggs,
Do you have any Ameraucana's laying right now? Mine aren't and I am looking for some to set for a New Years Hatch.

Not one of my Ameraucanas are laying. I have the occasional egg from a Buff Orpington and a Silkie! I won't be hatching any until I get a new bator, so if in the next week some miracle occurs and all my Ameraucanas star back up...what color(s) are you interested in?

Quote:
Really Muggs, it isn't that hard to build one, and just think of all the extra money you would have to buy eggs!

Back
Top Bottom