Chicken Survey

Maybe I wrote too much on the last page! I will try again later.

Actually, on the second question, I had checked the 22- whatever # and when it took me back to the first page it seemed to want me to fill in the exact number amount. When I typed in 22, it changed my answer to the over 33 choice and asked me to fill the box in. I rechecked the 22-? choice, and it took that answer. Other pages were fine until the blank one at the end.

Computers and I don't really get along. It was probably me more than your survey.

Last edited:
Maybe I wrote too much on the last page! I will try again later.

Actually, on the second question, I had checked the 22- whatever # and when it took me back to the first page it seemed to want me to fill in the exact number amount. When I typed in 22, it changed my answer to the over 33 choice and asked me to fill the box in. I rechecked the 22-? choice, and it took that answer. Other pages were fine until the blank one at the end.

Computers and I don't really get along. It was probably me more than your survey.
That's strange. If it happens to somebody else I'll check it out. I really appreciate you letting me know the issues so I can make the survey better. I don't want this to feel like a chore to anybody who decides to help me out with this, so it's helpful to know what I can do to make it better for participants.

No problems at all. Popped me right out at the end. Gosh we need more specialty vets. I sincerely hope you continue toward your goals. Don't mind the bumps and bruises, think of them as expensive painful tattoos.
fl.gif

No problems at all. Popped me right out at the end. Gosh we need more specialty vets. I sincerely hope you continue toward your goals. Don't mind the bumps and bruises, think of them as expensive painful tattoos.
fl.gif
Thanks for taking the time to do the survey! I really appreciate it!

I doubt I'll stop heading towards my goals now. I decided to get my degree in specialties because of how little vets there are that treat rodents, reptiles, birds, and chickens. I'm 15 years old and have pictures that I drew at 4 years old of my veterinarian clinic
smile.png
. I've seen a dog get spayed up close and personal, nursed a chipmunk back to health, birthed two litters of kittens (one litter had to be bottled fed), bottled fed two calves, birthed twin goats, nursed a chicken with a head injury back to health, and rescued/rehomed a multitude of needy animals. I've been an animal lover since before I can remember. The only thing holding me back was the idea of having to put an animal to sleep, but after holding my dog as she took her last breath, I realised that I can do it even though it will be hard. My mom has been nothing but supportive and as much as she hates the mess that 3 cats, 10 chickens, a dog, and any resident wild animals that need help make every day, she's never said no to an opportunity for me to learn. I am so thankful for this website as it has taught me soooo much about a number of livestock animals - not just chickens. Thanks for the encouragment!

You are a precious young lady. Sometimes the road is hard.
old.gif
At 5, I drew pictures of my farm. Wanted to be a vet. I got a job in a pet store at 14. Flash forward 50 years, I didn't stop heading toward my goals. No $$ for vet school so I went to community college, then college, became a vet tech. Worked for vets (even a chicken vet), My career led me to managing an animal adoption agency, training and behavior, then Animal Control. That's a hard job. You said you worried that putting an animal to sleep might hold you back. At your tender age, I hope you don't dwell on that. It happens. Through your education, I hope you make peace with that. I can euthanize with kindness, to end suffering. That takes getting used to. Let that alone for now.
old.gif
Get as much education as you possibly can. There are so many careers and avenues available to you.
Bless your Mom for supporting you. Seriously. My mom would cringe when I drug a critter home, but always supported me.

You are a precious young lady. Sometimes the road is hard.
old.gif
At 5, I drew pictures of my farm. Wanted to be a vet. I got a job in a pet store at 14. Flash forward 50 years, I didn't stop heading toward my goals. No $$ for vet school so I went to community college, then college, became a vet tech. Worked for vets (even a chicken vet), My career led me to managing an animal adoption agency, training and behavior, then Animal Control. That's a hard job. You said you worried that putting an animal to sleep might hold you back. At your tender age, I hope you don't dwell on that. It happens. Through your education, I hope you make peace with that. I can euthanize with kindness, to end suffering. That takes getting used to. Let that alone for now.
old.gif
Get as much education as you possibly can. There are so many careers and avenues available to you.
Bless your Mom for supporting you. Seriously. My mom would cringe when I drug a critter home, but always supported me.
I don't think it will hold me back anymore. When I had to say goodbye to my childhood dog, I held her. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do to this day, but it was so much easier than watching her struggle to even walk and starve herself. I still miss her every day, even 3 years later, but I know my family made the right decision in letting her go. Since then, I think I can manage it. I know it will never get easier, but helping animals leave their earthly struggles behind and get away from all the pain they may endure will make it worth it. I volunteer with my step mom at an animal shelter occasionally and it's hard getting attached to animals and then coming in one day to learn they couldn't find a home and had to be put down. They did nothing wrong, and it's painful knowing they could have lived such a happy life.

My friends think I'm strange for picking mostly science and agriculture classes as my electives instead of fun/easy classes like art, foods, and child development. I just know that even though those classes may be fun, they won't neccessarily help me in my future regarding my career choice. My mom told me that if I can pay myself through regular university, she'll pay for my vet school (one specialty and if I do end up going back to get other specialty degrees, I'll pay for that myself which is the plan) so that I can open up my own clinic. I really want to be able to provide low cost care to animals and their owners because I don't think it's fair to charge over $200-$300 dollars for a neuter/spay surgery and I also think that's why so many people don't get their animals fixed - they just can't afford it and theres not enough low cost options. It's neccessary for animals to go to the doctor just as it is for babies, but with the rising costs of veterinarian care, fewer and fewer people are providing that to their animals, unfortunatley.

Just recently my cat brought me a 3 week old deer mouse, alive, and dropped it in my hand with a look that said, "Here mom, I got you this!" I brought her inside and put her in a large tupaware container and showed my mom. She didn't flinch or anything because there was a time when I raised rats and besides the 3 that I already owned, I had just rescued a pregnant mama who gave birth to 12 babies (leaving me with 16 rats in the house). Mia the mouse stayed with us for a few days until I found her nest and put her back. I watched and checked twice every hour to see if her mama came back and cared for her, and luckily the mama mouse didn't reject her. I haven't seen the family in awhile though - I hope they are okay.

Finished the survey this morning!
smile.png
It remembered me, so did not have to re-enter everything. Used the tip from scratch'n'peck to find entries to last page, which was wonderful.

Hope you do well in your studies. I have a feeling you will be very successful. It's a blessing that you know what career you want to pursue so early in life. I have two teenagers that are still searching. Me too. Still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom