Chicken thief

Krayfish57

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
Has anyone had any of their chickens stolen over night?
Woke up this morning and I only had 2 chickens. My Golden Comet was gone. There is no sign of a breakin what so ever and no sign of a struggle. I personally lock them up in their coop when the sun sets. Still in shock over this......

You're dating yourself-Ol' Snuffy's been gone from the funny papers for quite awhile hasn't he?
Still in the paper up here in Bangor, Maine. Quite a waste of ink IMO. It's pathetic to think that a person would steal a chicken from a pen enclosure. I don't want to be inflammatory about motivating factors, but all the same, with the number of food pantries, and amount of state/federal assist out there, I can't imagine anyone having a legitimate need to steal a chicken. It's only gonna get worse folks!

Some folks have too much pride to accept charity. They'd rather make the effort of stealing it, that way they feel like they worked for it.
Free roosters aren't charity. If I can find someone to take a rooster off my hands, I'm always thinking I got the better end of that deal
wink.png

I don't have any roosters. Just 3 hens. It is pretty dry and grassy. No footprints.

I know! I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else. You always think a 4 legged predator will get them not a 2 legged one.

Back
Top Bottom