Chicken thief

Krayfish57

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
Has anyone had any of their chickens stolen over night?
Woke up this morning and I only had 2 chickens. My Golden Comet was gone. There is no sign of a breakin what so ever and no sign of a struggle. I personally lock them up in their coop when the sun sets. Still in shock over this......

I don't have any roosters. Just 3 hens. It is pretty dry and grassy. No footprints.

I know! I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else. You always think a 4 legged predator will get them not a 2 legged one.

Has anyone had any of their chickens stolen over night?
Woke up this morning and I only had 2 chickens. My Golden Comet was gone. There is no sign of a breakin what so ever and no sign of a struggle. I personally lock them up in their coop when the sun sets. Still in shock over this......
I am so sorry for your loss. I really do not understand people who do this type of thing. Even if the family was hungry they could knock and ask you to teach them and how to do it themselves or to buy one from you! There is all kinds of bartering one can do.... one service for another etc. I have been hungry but would never steal something. I have however helped in gardens in exchange for some produce. Or traded off one for another.
Sounds like like a squatch. They prefer red hens. Lol.sorry for your loss.
Sorry doop I am a novice on terminology... WHAT or WHO is a "squatch"????

Back
Top Bottom