Chicken thief

Yes this same thing happened to my parents in August 2013. I purchases a nice hutch and pullets for my Dad for fathers day. The chickens had names and my parents babied them. Purchases treats, toys, etc... The hutch is in a fenced area although the fence is not locked. They have 3 acres.... Dad went out one morning to open the coop and all 3 pullets were gone. The hutch was closed & all latches secured with the fence closed. Not at all possible of any type of animal to get to them. Sad thing to do to retires and my children who took such care when they were chicks.

I'm in an urban area with a back yard. The day before last thanksgiving I caught a drunk homeless man with one of my chickens, trying to leave my yard.

There have been quite a few posts where folks have had chickens stolen by human predators. Very sad. Unfortunately, its a problem that will likely get worse as more people continue to loose their jobs or remain unemployed. Desperate times
1f61e.png

I thought stealing chickens was only something Snuffy Smith did in the funny paper.
*IF* I was going to steal a chicken it'd be one from the grocery store because It's already cleaned and I don't have to worry about getting shot.

I thought stealing chickens was only something Snuffy Smith did in the funny paper.
*IF* I was going to steal a chicken it'd be one from the grocery store because It's already cleaned and I don't have to worry about getting shot.

You're dating yourself-Ol' Snuffy's been gone from the funny papers for quite awhile hasn't he?

wow, sorry for your loss.flag I 1/4 mile back from road n have a 20 gauge, warning shot. I know its rough out there our area having many break ins with large tools n trucks taken.

Back
Top Bottom