Chicken thief

You're dating yourself-Ol' Snuffy's been gone from the funny papers for quite awhile hasn't he?
Still in the paper up here in Bangor, Maine. Quite a waste of ink IMO. It's pathetic to think that a person would steal a chicken from a pen enclosure. I don't want to be inflammatory about motivating factors, but all the same, with the number of food pantries, and amount of state/federal assist out there, I can't imagine anyone having a legitimate need to steal a chicken. It's only gonna get worse folks!

Still in the paper up here in Bangor, Maine. Quite a waste of ink IMO. It's pathetic to think that a person would steal a chicken from a pen enclosure. I don't want to be inflammatory about motivating factors, but all the same, with the number of food pantries, and amount of state/federal assist out there, I can't imagine anyone having a legitimate need to steal a chicken. It's only gonna get worse folks!
It will get worse. I am waiting for someone to try to rustle some of our cows/calves from our outlying pastures. Can't buy 22 shells anymore so may have to resort to 20 gauge shotgun.

It will get worse.  I am waiting for someone to try to rustle some of our cows/calves from our outlying pastures.  Can't buy 22 shells anymore so may have to resort to 20 gauge shotgun.

Sandyd, It do`es happen every once an a while. 22 shells are starting to show up in stores,you just have to be luck to be there when they stock the shelfs.

Still in the paper up here in Bangor, Maine.  Quite a waste of ink IMO.  It's pathetic to think that a person would steal a chicken from a pen enclosure.  I don't want to be inflammatory about motivating factors, but all the same, with the number of food pantries, and amount of state/federal assist out there, I can't imagine anyone having a legitimate need to steal a chicken.  It's only gonna get worse folks!

It will get worse.  I am waiting for someone to try to rustle some of our cows/calves from our outlying pastures.  Can't buy 22 shells anymore so may have to resort to 20 gauge shotgun.

I've known of people shooting cattle and cutting a few steaks & roasts off. They were more of a thieving scumbag type of person than someone with a legitimate hunger or need to feed their family.

im sorry bout this! I had 4 hens stolen from me last year. no signs of stuggle but there were some foot prints

~ CRAIGSLIST~
CRAIGSLIST HAS...... FREE CHICKENS...FREE ROOSTERS...FREE GOATS...... ETC.....FREE FREE FREE!!!
barnie.gif

~ CRAIGSLIST~                                     
CRAIGSLIST HAS...... FREE CHICKENS...FREE ROOSTERS...FREE GOATS...... ETC.....FREE FREE FREE!!!  :barnie

Some folks have too much pride to accept charity. They'd rather make the effort of stealing it, that way they feel like they worked for it.

I'm sorry about your flock!! My husband was scared to put our coop in the back 40 bc of thiefs....I really hate that about your flock but I'm glad you started this thread bc I will be more watchful now.....

when mine where a few months old some one tried to take my bo that's when they were locked in there run they now free range with a pit bull during the day and at night there coop is padlocked up just because of the humans. sad sad day we live in now

Back
Top Bottom