Chicken won't eat or come out of the coop

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, I am checking them out.

Also, It's 80 degrees out with a low of 70 tonight, is that too cold for a chicken?
Yes. 70 may seem warm to us, but to a sick bird it's not. The first link that I sent has info about warmth. I bet if you offered her a heat lamp she would cuddle up next to it.

So I have done everything possible dust bath for mites, apple cider vinegar in water, vitamin electrolytes in water, olive oil incase of egg bound, put extra grit out, completely disinfected the coop, garlic, nothing is helping, she hasn't pooped in almost two days, she ate yesterday, but ate nothing today...I am really at a loss here, her vent is clean she just won't poop and hardly moves and barely eats....I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

How did this turn out? I know this is an old post but for all of us that may be looking for answers it would be nice to know. Hoping you still have a healthy hen.

Our hen has just started laying and she is acting very odd. Today we came to her coop and she had laid an egg in the nest box but she just left it and sat in a dark corner of the coop. She isn't eating and doesn't even react when you touch her. Please help, we are very concerned.

Back
Top Bottom