Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca

In the past I have purchased sexed chicks from Russ the chicks are of commercial quality. The health is very good and they are very helpful and good on text response. I have had very poor luck with the sexing usualy I bought 5-6 chicks to get 2-3 cockerel (not a good percentage).

I have bought chicks, and pullets many times from Chickens Galore. I have been very pleased! Russell is great. He even vaccinated a couple of chicks I got elsewhere. He is my go-to guy for chicks, pullets and hens. Great selection and healthy birds.

I bought 3 Blue Ameraucana's from him and all 3 are fine. I think 2 are roos though :( This was 2 months ago. I also got 2 Black Copper Marans that were 2 months old when I got them and they both died about 2 months after I got them. We also got 2 silkies and 1 silkie died. The other is fine. We paid $30 each for silkies and $25 each for copper marans and so I'm out quite a bit of money. I called him recently and told him they died and he said he can't guarantee them, but he would give me a discount on replacing them. I don't remember what we paid for Blue Ameraucana's but we dropped quite a bit of cash that night lol. The marans we could tell were pullets so I didn't mind spending extra for that but they died. The problem is all his stuff is straight run if you get chicks. I just want some blue and dark brown eggs.......IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR????? lol I just want colorful eggs but things keep dying or turn out to be roos :(

You just have to call him or text him at his number. He has all different kinds and it just depends on what's in the incubator at the moment. Call after 5pm or on weekends. I think he works another job

Please reconsider buying chicks from Chickens Galore in Norco. Check out the Yelp page for this business. We've been getting our chickens from here since 2014 and had wonderful luck (beautiful, friendly, healthy birds), but this year we purchased over 20 from Chickens Galore and only four have survived. All of the others died of Marek's (confirmed). They also contracted Fowl Pox, which we've never had before. We've only gotten chickens from this place and we don't have any friends with chickens who might have brought the disease to the house. I might have thought we got it from wild birds or something, but there are many, many people whose birds have contracted Marek's from Chickens Galore who have posted on Yelp. I don't like to say negative things about a small business, but be very careful if you're considering getting chicks from this place. Marek's is a heartbreaking disease and it's devastating to raise chicks to nearly pullet age and have them die a slow, terrible death.

Thanks for the warning. I have checked him out in the past and felt his prices were too high. I used to steer people to AV hatchery in Lancaster, but lately their stock has been drop shipped from Ideal in Texas. They used to hatch their own and were pretty lousy at vent sexing,but still, prices were good and they were local.
The worst one of all, though, is the one that claims to be a baby chick farm in Tehachapi. They may have an operation there, they surely want you to think your chicks will be local, but they drop ship from all over and when you get dead chicks, they will refuse any adjustment-even when the poor babies arrive dead in the shipping box.Beware of them; their ad always appears on craigslist Inland Empire.

@sevenfatcows : sorry to hear about your experiences with AV and the Tehachapi hatchery. I would like to find a place that doesn't sell Marek's-infected chicks in southern California. Thanks to Chickens Galore, however, we will have to wait quite a while until our current Mareks-infected chickens to die and to see if we can remove enough of the topsoil in our large run to get rid of the virus. Chickens Galore is very expensive and they are making money hand fist selling chicks that are guaranteed to die before they reach egg-laying age. Going forward, I will do A LOT of research on hatcheries before purchasing chicks from them.

Back
Top Bottom