Chocolate colored chickens

Latest hatches include lemon, silver blue, possible chocolate dilutes.

I thought this one was a black until I had real blacks hatch. Now he looks brown compared to them, and doesn't match the shade of the blue I have in the group.

Him again, blue on left, little black underneath, and poss chocolate

The tail on the top one makes me wonder if he doesn't carry Chocolate. Have you ever considered putting him over a pure black hen (of any breed) and testing to find out?

I have LFAmeraucana, d'Uccle, banty Cochins, Marans, Silkied Ameraucanas, LFOrps, LFRocks and Silkies all coming of age in various chocolate projects right now. Some are Barred, some are laced, some are Mauve, etc...I can't help it. I'm in love with this dilution!!

I'm breeding both roos to my black mille fleur d'uccles. I'm suspecting the roo to carry silver and blue...

And this roo a possible chocolate...

The pale gray/tan chick may be silver and blue. All the chicks are coming in solid colors, so I'll have to cross back to mottle a few times to get my spots back.

Taken today, a pullet from my chocolate Araucana project and a recently hatched chick

Lovely! I occasionally still get a yellow-skinned bird from my Chocolate Ameraucana project because of their recent South American stock influx- I always think I should go Araucana when I see one!

the beginnings of chocolate mottled bantam cochins.. 3rd generation cochin. The black one is an obvious by product of the chocolate project... but, where did the blue come from??? It's definitely part orpington so didn't come from my blue mo. cochin pen. I think the mother must be carrying blue and that her father could possibly be a blue mottled... haven't seen any mauves though.

Back
Top Bottom