Cinco-de-Mayo Hatch-A-Long celebration!

Pics
I candled and put my eggs in lockdown this afternoon. I pulled out 3 that I think were clear. One egg looks real weird. Like the dark area looks way undersized and I didn’t see movement but there are big healthy looking veins?? It was in the middle of the tray surrounded by normal looking eggs so I don’t see how it could be from being in a cool spot. Anyway don’t expect that one to hatch but I think that leaves 80 or 90 looking good. I put a few of the eggs into stockings for hatch bags to keep them separate. It’s my first time trying that so 🤞.

My last egg quit too. 😫
I have another dozen plus coming and will try again. I've already spoken to the post office to let them know to hold and call, and the eggs are only shipping from 7 hrs away, instead of STATES away.

I've reset everything up on the incubator and am deciding (after some reading) to start with a lower humidity and work together with the air cell growth to determine which way in needs to go. I took my egg turners out of the incubator and will turn by hand starting around day 4 or 5. The eggs will rest 12-24 hrs depending upon what the air cells look like prior to going into the incubator. The incubator is up and running in preparation for the eggs, and so that I can become more familiar with it.

I'll be watching the thread I'm anticipation of hatching eggs!!!
Sorry your eggs didn’t make it. I’m glad you get to try again! I know some people swear by not turning early on for shipped eggs but I’d only reserve that for if you have detached air cells. I have read so many times how critical turning is in the first week on incubation so I wouldn’t skip that unless there’s really good reason. Hopefully coming from a shorter distance you’re next set will be in better shape🥰

Sorry your eggs didn’t make it. I’m glad you get to try again! I know some people swear by not turning early on for shipped eggs but I’d only reserve that for if you have detached air cells. I have read so many times how critical turning is in the first week on incubation so I wouldn’t skip that unless there’s really good reason. Hopefully coming from a shorter distance you’re next set will be in better shape🥰
Yeah, I plan to take a look and decide. I have different colored egg cartons in my incubator so I can color code if necessary bc of having some bad air cells and maybe some that are not.

Attachments

• 20230503_035832.jpg
    20230503_035832.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 2
Mine have been under a broody since lockdown day and I have not been able to seeeeee anything :barnie Questioning my choice to do that everyday since but particularly today.

I went out just now and bribed her with chick feed mash and she let me peek 🫣 under her. I looked super fast just long enough to see clearly at least one seems mostly unzipped!! Its my first ever hatch so I am little kid at a candy shop level excited 😂.

Back
Top Bottom