Cochin Thread!!!

I really don't think it's Mereks from what I am seeing in the info on it. will keep looking into it. he is energetic like crazy he just limps. poo is normal and he is taking food and water too. they were vaccinated too.I had a very low roost bar inside for the black one to get up on. I am wondering in Lil Guy had a bully moment and tripped over it.My black chick had dislocated it's knee and I have tried like crazy to help get it back with no luck.I have been stretching and massaging them both now. Lil Guy is not impressed by my attention and raises a total fit still when I get near.He is sore from his hip but I can not feel any breaks or swelling. I give vitamin supplements every other time I water.

Last edited:
I really don't think it's Mereks from what I am seeing in the info on it. will keep looking into it. he is energetic like crazy he just limps. poo is normal and he is taking food and water too. they were vaccinated too.I had a very low roost bar inside for the black one to get up on. I am wondering in Lil Guy had a bully moment and tripped over it.My black chick had dislocated it's knee and I have tried like crazy to help get it back with no luck.I have been stretching and massaging them both now. Lil Guy is not impressed by my attention and raises a total fit still when I get near.He is sore from his hip but I can not feel any breaks or swelling. I give vitamin supplements every other time I watery
As long as he's eating, and not getting worse, it may not be Marek's. Keep an eye on his weight.

As long as he's eating, and not getting worse, it may not be Marek's.  Keep an eye on his weight. When I first saw him limp, I grabbed him to look him over and the lil stinker jumped out of my hands, flew over my head and went splat on the floor. Scared the crap out of me for sure. he is better with his daily rub down and stretching finally I just hope he gets better. I was wanting him to breed next year.

Last edited:
   As long as he's eating, and not getting worse, it may not be Marek's.  Keep an eye on his weight.

I had to put him down on Friday. Hate to have to do it but he was not getting up late Thursday my husband said and the next morning he was laying on his side. He had been stuggling to get up and the others began to attack him. Poor guy was trying so hard. Hope my 3 remaining stay healthy and hatch out a good mix of black, blue and blue splash next spring. Black male limps but has stepped in as the dominant now.

Sorry you are having so much trouble, hoping it isn't Mareks, though I have had a few birds with it in the past, it seemed limited to those individuals, so hopefully all the rest thrive. I love blue and blue splash.

Back
Top Bottom