Cockerel or Pullet???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amelia123

Songster
6 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Eastern U.S.
Hi Everyone!!
frow.gif

I have 8 Barred Rocks that are all supposed to be girls...They are about 5 weeks old, and are mostly fully feathered, except for some small spots on their heads. There is one chicken who just looks bigger...she has a tiny comb starting to grow in, it's quite red and non of the others have it (or are showing any signs of one), with little 2 red spots under chin, and her wing span seems bigger than the others. I hope that she's a girl because I can't have roosters. Does anyone know??? Thank you all SO MUCH!!!! <3
hugs.gif

Last edited:
sorry, it looks like a boy to me also... that comb and color on it plus there seems to be a lot of white on those feathers. if the others seem much darker than him overall, as if the feathers are in reverse pattern than his- black with white instead of almost white with black bars(like on his breast especially) that is your big clue.

sorry, it looks like a boy to me also... that comb and color on it plus there seems to be a lot of white on those feathers. if the others seem much darker than him overall, as if the feathers are in reverse pattern than his- black with white instead of almost white with black bars(like on his breast especially) that is your big clue.
sad.png
Okay, thank you....At what age will I know for sure whether s/he is a cockerel or pullet??

Back
Top Bottom