Coffee's ready...

images
Is this you or this ?
images

Last edited:
Cold out today and no more snow.

I am seeing big foot prints around and I'm not sure what it is. I figure Coyote. They're too big for a Fox but I could be wrong. They seem to cut through the yard but not so much around the coops, though there are some passing near a coop. Don't seem to be stopping looking close.

I need to get up earlier to see what it is.

A game cam is the best technique.
When I've seen coyotes in the middle of the day, they just pass through and so far I haven't seen them paying much attention to the coops.
Well trained coyotes?
hu.gif

After the last snow, tracks indicated that a coyote came half way up the driveway and then changed it's mind. Good coyote.

After the last snow, tracks indicated that a coyote came half way up the driveway and then changed it's mind. Good coyote.

Well I should stay up or get up to have a look through the night. I've been sleeping far too late, lately. It's been very cold a man could freeze off parts. Fingers! My fingers got frost bit when I delivered mail. You don't notice it til you come in and get warmed. They didn't turn black but they are very painful when it's bitter cold.

ta, ta for now,

Morning people,
Another cool morning, a whooping 1 deg., but no wind. After that last little heat wave with rain, now we have crunchy snow and ice. Firewood level looks good. I hope this finds everyone doing good and staying as warm as possible.

I was rooting around my house the other day. It was built at 3 different times. First the actual house, then the garage, then a causeway ( a whole extra room - our sun room ) between the house and garage. Anyways, I was up in the crawl spaces/attics and you wont believe what I found so far. In this one section where the roofs meet was like a little room/cuby hole. You really couldn't tell it was there. So far I found stacks of news papers. Some of the ones I pulled out went back to JFK, MLK and RFK assassination's. Yes I am old enough that I lived through this time, but I wasn't really into news at the time. So far, the papers are a local one and one from NYC. I am enjoying reading them, except I have to read them at the table for fear of damaging them. I am going to be reading them for a long long time.

This was sent to me the other day. Maybe someone might be interested in it:
https://www.coursera.org/course/chickens

Enjoy your day, be safe and warm,

Kaj

Good morning chicken wranglers,
Q ,old papers are interesting ,I worked at a shop that they decided to move after 50 years we found old parts wrapped in news papers that detailed the death of Ernie Pile.
In old rental houses under the floors and behind walls I have found papers as old as 1917 with details of the white Russian war and headlines of the Germans will either feed themselves or starve to death! Try that one out in today's world! I even found one of our churches 50 year anniversary and we are now 175 years strong. My aunt looked at it and said oh there is my grandfather. A man sitting in the front of the congregation as one of the founding members. I have all these and a couple more wrapped in plastic and stored in the attic. I also have one from WW 2 that headlines congress declares war in 33 minutes. ST. Louis star 1941 Dec. 8 . Takes me back! One funny note is that in the old papers"1917" one of the main advertisers is hemorrhoid cream.
God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom