Coffee's ready...

Morning all,
tried to let the chickens out and go back to bed but they needed water and then I couldn't get back to sleep. My back is hurting from yesterdays work and I hardly did anything. I did go to the Y, but only swam 4 laps. I'm not good.

Que: Just some 1/2 x 1/2 in coffee. That omelet sounds good.

Thndr: I understand completely but they do their best. I went to church last night so DW closed them up and I just want the alive when I get up. I could have checked but was tired. Fell asleep in church and almost dropped my bible. Some nights I don't sleep well and don't get my nap.
Anyhow some of the young ones insist on roosting in the nest boxes and then I get poopy eggs if I don't move them and clean the nest boxes. I go through alot of hay for the few boxes I have.

Well have a good day everyone who posts today.

Rancher

Good Morning everyone!

Osedog~ Congratulations!!!!

I drink mine STRONG, with half and half and sugar so that I can choke it down. LOL. I never seem to SLEEP sleep anymore, don't know what happened (OH, wait, I had kids, LOL). I lean more and more on a good cup of joe to get me through. Lots of stuff to try and get done today. I am thinking as well, that if I don't plan that backpacking trip with my girls here soon, it isn't going to happen this year. I wanted to do some hiking/camping with them along the beautiful N. Umpqua River this summer and have yet to make it happen. So, will be planning that in the back of my head all day as I get stuff done. Also looking for a horse trailer as I have two nice sweet kid horses that we bought that need to be brought home. Company just left for the week, so back to it! Hope everyone has a fantastic morning!

morning!!! post office called just after 7 30 am. my 150 chicks were here!
lol.png
finally just come back in and got settled.. the meaties are in their brooder and my 50 free golden comets( i really didnt expect them to be comets but to the positive.. i think i have some hens!).. are in another brooder.

Ahhhh the sound of peep peep in the morning
love.gif
wee.gif

Good morning chicken wranglers
Rancher sorry to hear about your back. Iam sore from work also. Both shoulders from hand drilling 1/2" holes in stainless steel for a job we did on tues, long drawn out story but it was successfully completed and ready to be billed.Hopefully I will be able to buy more chickens with n the profit!
Or sell eggs to make up for the loss! Well got more work to do ya'll have a great day!

Well, I guess I can't say Good Morning - I'm stopping in on my lunch break. Yesterday they announced our school is being put on "intervene status" by the state, and if we don't bring the overall school grade up to a C we may loose our school to the feds and all be fired. So I've pretty much been in meetings ever since then. We've done some good brainstorming and at least they are giving us extra funds to work with. The sad part is they actually made some progress last year, but these things take time and it was just not quite enough. I'm going to have quite a year!

I drink my coffee strong and black. I didn't sleep well last night after all the excitement and anxiety around here.

Congratulations, Oesdog!! How exciting.

I still haven't broken that crazy little Leghorn - what is this? Five days now? I miss my white eggs. She has been either free-ranging or in her broody jail almost that entire time, and every chance she gets she just goes right back to the nest!

Well, gotta call all my girls and make sure everyone's daycare is set up. Have a good one!

Quote:
Yes - - you are gonna have quite a year
sad.png

The state will be visiting classrooms, looking at lesson plans, inspecting classrooms, disrupting lessons, etc. It is not pretty when the state gets involved. If your principal is supportive of his staff, it can go better. If your principal is interested in "protecting his own skin", it will not be much fun.

We ended up writing 6 page lesson plans for each subject each day. I had 3 subjects which meant I wrote 15 - 18 pages worth of lesson plans EVERY NIGHT . . . . It was horrid. It took away from my research time and inspirational time. My lessons became more plain because I spent so much time doing paper work.

I had to write a detailed agenda on the board each day for each subject. . . . It took 2 dry erase boards to fulfill the state required agenda. That left 1 erase board to TEACH my subject on - - - mathematics. This is a very VISUAL subject. Some students copy first and think later. Others are auditory learners and they just watch and LISTEN to the lesson, then copy the work. I need to write in LARGE font so that ALL students can see . . . . .So it is really pusing it to work out an Algebra 2 problem using only 1 board.

Additionally, the situation made it difficult for me to send students to the board to work out problems . . . because space was so limited.

I felt terrible as a teacher. I think my teaching suffered from the additional work / requirements. I use to call every parent by the end of the second week of school. By the end of the 5 week, I had contacted all 150 parents again. NOT this past year ! ! ! I had no time left over to call parents. I HATED IT ! There were meetings during our planning periods and meetings after school, and meetings during early release. . . . .

OK OK OK, I am done with my rant. I hope you end up having a much more positive experience than I had . . .
smile.png

Last edited:
Morning People,
Coffee's hot, cupboards are bare......

Weather: mid 80's, clear - We had a few good storms roll through last night. Lots of rain, but no thunder/lighting.

Mother in law is coming over today to make "pickle beets". I shouldn't have given her any last year. It's all heard about this summer....... More bread and granola are also on the list for today.

High school - 33 years ago - I bet it has changed a tad bit. - Thank you, let me hobble back to the deck................

Enjoy the day

Kaj

Good morning chicken wranglers
coffee is good today. I must take the five year old in for school shots today. If he is good I will buy him cowboy boots. He does not know this as it might not work out if he is not good. I dont like sitting still in order to be poked do you ?
Math ace and chics my kids go to a private school were they can pray "or rather do pray" every day. No state interferance. I believe the government NEVER MAKES anything better! only top heavy and cumbersome.So I sympathise with your situation.
You guys have a great weekend God Bless!

Quote:
Thank you Karl. I don't think you are too far off the mark with your opinion.
I'm am declaring the next 4 months to be "MY FAMILY" time.
Maybe after that, I will be willing to re-join the public school system in a "challenged" area.

Back
Top Bottom