Coffee's ready...

Karl safe trip.
I like long hair on guys! My hair was once down past my butt to. But sadly it fell out in clumps when I had 4 kids in 4 yrs so I had to get it cut quite short. Then I grew it out again and have not cut it since. It is only half way down my back. I don;t think it will ever get as long as it once was. Age I think does that to folk! My grey is sadly very noticable only it bothers others more than me. My daughter likes it dyed but I don't. I am going to be a nursing home nightmare with Princess Leia plaits!
lau.gif

I am not cutting mine again but I do get it trimmed quite regularly. Karl you might find your hair is in better condition if you trim it and it will grow better because it will be stronger up the shaft.
Also wear it in a lose band to stop brakage. Strawberry blond does sound girlie but most boys that have had long hair have had to be quite tough guys to carry it off. There are still a great deal of folk who frown on boys who wear their hair long. I think as long as its washed and clean and tied up when working with food or machinery no probs. Mostly it's ultro religious folk who get all huffy over it for some reason? Sad really as I am sure Jesus would have had long hair! - bet his didn't go grey and fall out though!

Oes

Last edited:
So it looks like we were a bunch of long hair, hair bags, girly girls types (just kidding) at one time.

Ose: " My hair was once down past my butt to. But sadly it fell out in clumps when I had 4 kids in 4 yrs so I had to get it cut quite short." You should be thankful yours grew back. Mine never did.
2 schools I went to, I was the only red head. Another school I went to, there was a couple of us. I met my first and only green eye/ red head girl there. As far as being bothered by the hair, it never happened. I think they had a bigger problem with the length then with the color. A few people tried to start nicknames, but they never stuck. I know the girls love the hair.....

I use to bust peoples chops when I started going bald. I would tell the I was going to get a "jet black" toupee. How do you think that would look on a strawberry Blondie head?

Karl: The better half had hers 30 high school reunion a few years back. I think it is great going to. Seeing what people have done through their lives. It seems the hot shots of the class, never made out to good and the derelicts made out better.

Enjoy the day

We had a class reunion a year ago, it was great, a very warm and happy gathering. People I hadn't seen since decades ago, and some of our teachers showed up too. Facebook was a great help, people were able to network and find others and track down a lot of old classmates that way, and many have remained connected. Very refreshing to see how well so many people turned out, often against the worst of odds and expectations.

Then again we were a very unusual group (and I'm arguably the most unusual of the lot), a very broad mix, very few of the classic jock jerk types, lots of wild child types, and definitely not a judgmental crowd.

This was at the HS reunion, but this is the group I went to grade school with, many of us had been together since kindergarten and had pretty much lost contact with each other until facebook and the reunion organizing came along.

Lets see, there are three doctors, a psychologist, a farmer, a union official, a senior judge (who was told by a guidance counselor to give up hope on being able to attend a four year college, and just feel lucky if she could get into a 2-year community college), an IT person, a medical lab tech, an English teacher living in Europe, a ship captain, a couple others, and a Gargoyle. Not too shabby for an inner city public school.

Bottom line, go to the reunion, but make sure everyone wears name tags, it can be hard to recognize people at first. And if you have an old year book, study it in advance so you actually remember some of the people.
th.gif

G. what a motley looking crew. My DW's class of '65 gets about 95% of the living attending every 5 years. My class of '66 (different school) has not had a reunion until we started doing a reunion of the classes of the '60's, and still I understand only 1 or 2 of the 107 of us attended.

Loved the hair thing gang. Mine was always too thin to grow out. too fine do anything with so I always just buzzed it.

G. what a motley looking crew.
Same group in a previous life, along with the rest of the eight grade graduating class.
Everyone in the shot above is in this shot, some are actually very recognizable.

Long hair started coming in the next year. I won't say when this was, but some of the hair styles are a giveaway.

oesdog, Hi its been almost 2 years I think, not sure since
I have been here things sure have changed and I learning my way
around so forgive any mistakes. My Dh has been unable to walk the last 3 years.
and had nerves that dont respond. also has heart problems.
Sorry to hear about your Dh and all the things you are going tru.
and keeping you in my thoughts for a better tomorrow,
we have learned to live a different life style.just taking one day at a time.
I have missed all the coffee time, I hope I can get back into
seeing how everyone is, Sissy...

oesdog, Hi its been almost 2 years I think, not sure since
I have been here things sure have changed and I learning my way
around so forgive any mistakes. My Dh has been unable to walk the last 3 years.
and had nerves that dont respond. also has heart problems.
Sorry to hear about your Dh and all the things you are going tru.
and keeping you in my thoughts for a better tomorrow,
we have learned to live a different life style.just taking one day at a time.
I have missed all the coffee time, I hope I can get back into
seeing how everyone is, Sissy...

Hi Sissy Darling!!!!!
You have not been gone that long? - I did send out a search party for you.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/621020/anyone-know-what-happened-to-sissy
As you can see it is dated 17th Jan this year! So you have not been forgotten!!!!!! Yes it's been a bit of a tough year so far. My mum died on Feb 26th. Then our lovely Old English the one in my Avatar pic died on 4th July. So things have been a bit hard going. I was looking foward to a nice warm summer but it is like Winter here. I have not taken off my winter woolys! I despair and am thinking of moving to Spain!!! Just for the sunshine for at least 6 months of the year. We are still waiting on restbite for Danny. It never came. We also got news that our lovely government are stopping the homecare grant I get for Danny in 2015. They say the local authority can take over the care????? - Ha Ha havent we been through the local social services since 1997 to try to get overnight out of home care????? They simply don;t have the funding that is why the homecare scheme was started up in the first place? It doen;t make any sence. I do hope you get more luck with care for your DH Sissy. You just can;t do it all on your own. My DH is poorly again and we got news he is going to need another heart op soon. We are also waiting on cancer tests that he has to get in August. Honestly it seems so far away right now that if he does have Cancer more likely it would be too far advanced to do anything by the time they got him the darn tests! So thats pretty much the doom and gloom over with!
Glad your back though as we can natter away over our virtual coffee mornings! I missed you loads!
hugs.gif

It's all long haired old boys here! -
gig.gif

Oes

Last edited:
hi Gar. welcome, Im at a loss here for right now
things have changed here,,since i was on.
we all would meet here at the coffee club just to check on whos
doing what. LoL

Oes, sorry about your DH I hope things turn to the better,
you have to take it easy when ever its possible,
well after being tea drinker I have come
around to loving my coffee having a cup right now
the last one for the day.

Back
Top Bottom