Colorado Hatching Eggs Thread

Yay! I love this thread!  I need eggs, but shipping them up to this elevation is just not working for me.

I have Black Javas and Jersey Giants

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly need to find some good Java eggs.  Does anyone have a clue where I can find some around here??  Black preferably, but I could handle some mottled.

Are you looking for purebreed Java eggs? I may have some mixed java eggs by next week.

Are you looking for purebreed Java eggs? I may have some mixed java eggs by next week.

I was hoping for purebred, but may be interested in some mixed. What are they mixed with? How big are they? Any pictures?
big_smile.png

I was hoping for purebred, but may be interested in some mixed.  What are they mixed with?  How big are they?  Any pictures? :D

I will get some pictures of them today, they would be half Barnevelder. They are nice sized, much bigger than my hatchery stock, even though they are from a hatchery too. :D

Great idea - I am really interested especially once we are settled in our new home (late spring hopefully - haven't even found a place yet !!) I am especially interested in orpingtons, salmon faverolles and partridge silkies. I saw someone mentioned orpingtons ... anyone with faverolles and partridge silkies? It is going to be so awesome to have a flock again - three years is too long!!

I have fertile Cream Legbar eggs. Pm if interested...I'm sorry guys, I should have been more specific. I'm too new at this to ship yet. I just have extras piling on the counter while the incubator is going. For now, I have to stick to the Springs and Pueblo. I will figure out shipping in the next few months.

Last edited:
Love this thread! Just got my Brinsea mini Advance! Can't wait to hatch out my first batch. Hoping more folks with fertile eggs post. Looking for sweet, family pet, Bantam breeds. Interested in Frizzles, Mille Fleurs, Legbars and open to suggestions. Thanks BYC!

Hi - one of the very sweetest breeds I've owned is the chocolate orpington bantam. They are so gentle and friendly. Mine are mostly not tiny bantams, they will be medium-sized. They are such a beautiful brown color, too! Good luck, I recently got the Brinsea incubator as well.

I can get Bantam Surprise eggs for you to hatch if you like, I have 4 dozen in the incubator right now headed for the hatcher tonight, due to hatch Wednesday. They are from a keeper in Westcliffe who comes into town about once a week, so I can meet her to pick up eggs if you want. I don't know what her current price is, but I will find out and let you know if you are interested.

Thank you for the very kind offer! It's tough finding eggs in Colorado. I actually have my eye on specific breeds. Our "flock" (ha ha ) consists of a a year old Buff Cochin and a Maran. They are wonderful girls, good layers and the Maran has been broody once already. I am hoping to hatch out Mille de Fleur's and Cream Legbars. I wanted pick up Legbars this weekend from Ashdoes but my time ran short with animals, children, housework and work-work. In a way I am happy it didn't workout because I am kinda' hoping that one of my hens will go broody when I get eggs and accept fosters :). While having the brooder set up is fun, I would so love to see my girls raise babies. Meanwhile,I made the mistake of going by Murdocks and came home with 3 Araoucana chicks. Anyway, here I am with 3 new chicks and my unused incubator, waiting for the stars to aligns. Should I enroll in Chickens Anonymous?

Back
Top Bottom