Colorado

After raising poultry 6 years, we had our first impacted crop. A cochin pullet who recently started laying. I'd noticed her front looking very full, and she appeared to have trouble walking. I helped her expel some of the liquid, holdin her downward. By afternoon her crop had broken open, full of grass and sand. The wound was so large, i hadnt a hope of stitching her up and avoid infection

I'm sorry..... This is so sad...

After raising poultry 6 years, we had our first impacted crop. A cochin pullet who recently started laying. I'd noticed her front looking very full, and she appeared to have trouble walking. I helped her expel some of the liquid, holdin her downward. By afternoon her crop had broken open, full of grass and sand. The wound was so large, i hadnt a hope of stitching her up and avoid infection
I am sorry to hear about you chicken. It is always hard to lose on for any reason. I lost one recently to a bobcat. I kept beating myself up over what i could have done to avoid it. I came to the realization that no matter what you do or how hard you work at it that eventually something bad is going to affect an individual or the entire flock. You just have to learn from it and move on. Sorry this happend.

Good morning. I'm taking the day off today for the first time in a month
big_smile.png
Did anyone see my messages re: the rooster and budgies?

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I could find relatively cheap chicken wire around Pueblo? We had a nasty little storm blow in the other day and a huge limb fell on part of my run :(. So now I have to fix it as soon as I can so nothing can get to my little ones while they are exploring the great outdoors for the first time!

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I could find relatively cheap chicken wire around Pueblo? We had a nasty little storm blow in the other day and a huge limb fell on part of my run
sad.png
. So now I have to fix it as soon as I can so nothing can get to my little ones while they are exploring the great outdoors for the first time!

Have you tried the lumber yard downtown? Amazon is cheaper, but they can sell you just the amount you need, right now.

Does anyone know where I could find relatively cheap chicken wire around Pueblo? We had a nasty little storm blow in the other day and a huge limb fell on part of my run
sad.png
. So now I have to fix it as soon as I can so nothing can get to my little ones while they are exploring the great outdoors for the first time!
Maybe use this disaster as an opportunity to upgrade to hardware cloth. About 4 months ago I scored a 100' roll (4' wide) for about $100 on Amazon.

i need to find a home for four little chicken, they haven't started laying and they are free. my friend, who can't no longer care for them, can't tell me how old they are :(. if anyone wants them just PM me and we'll work something out.

Have you tried the lumber yard downtown? Amazon is cheaper, but they can sell you just the amount you need, right now.

I'll ask my husband if he knows where it is so we can check it out. I'm from Alabama and just moved here in January so I don't know the area well at all! :)

Maybe use this disaster as an opportunity to upgrade to hardware cloth.  About 4 months ago I scored a 100' roll (4' wide) for about $100 on Amazon.
I'm going to browse through Amazon now!

Shylee, so sorry to hear of your loss. That sounds absolutely awful. How is your chick crop this year?

Back
Top Bottom