Coloured eggs into incubator

One thing I notice is a lot of people spread the eggs out in the incubator.

I keep all of the eggs close together with thermometers and the humidity gauge as close to them as possible.

That way I can be sure the temp and humidity is the same (as close as possible) for all eggs.

I don't think there was much you could have done differently.

The eggs were in an egg turner until the 17th day. I kept the humidity around 70% most of this time with occasional dips when water ran low. Maintained humidity at 70%+ through hatch.

I am otherwise happy, the 8 that did hatch are thriving!
70% would definitely kill all eggs in my bator.
I have 100% hatch rates regularly but I mostly set my own bird's eggs which are fed well and have no disease.
I keep my humidity at 30-35% throughout and only raise it to 50ish when I see the first external pip.

70% would definitely kill all eggs in my bator.
I have 100% hatch rates regularly but I mostly set my own bird's eggs which are fed well and have no disease.
I keep my humidity at 30-35% throughout and only raise it to 50ish when I see the first external pip.
I relied on my memory for the percentages (a mistake when one gets older) and only checked when I went into lockdown.

:(

Last edited:
I relied on my memory for the percentages (a mistake when one gets older) and only checked when I went int0 lockdown.

:(
It obviously worked out ok for you. I'd try lowering the humidity a little for next time to see if it works out better.

A friend managed to get them all somewhat looking at the camera.

IMG-20231004-WA0004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom