Confessions: Animal Hoarding, Animal Planet, Jan 14th, about chickens!

I haven't been on here in a while but yesterday my mom said, " Tay I just watched hoarders and saw your backyardchicken friends". So here I am ! I missed the episode but looking forward to seeing it !

Well I read the post above mine and rushed to the t.v...
Good episode
smile.png
Although I wished they would have shown
more of Peter's story. I would have liked to seen the coop that
was built etc. Good job Rob !
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif

I did not read the whole thread here, but I did watch the show when it aired and did not realize that BYC would be included so it was quite a surprise! I paused and and yelled to my husband look, its the guy who owns BYC LOL! Yes, not many people want to adopt mixed breed roosters, but, given the amount of people on here, I am sure that there are people who can help.

I have been watching them all, and the "after" shows I like the most. Everyone is doing "better" except for the one spanish gal and her husband who still have not cut their numbers down. At least if people would get their dogs and cats fixed it would help a lot. And I know its not cheap, but animal welfare groups and rescues and so forth, places like that when a situation like this happens, are usually ones that will donate services for free to help thepeople out. I am saddened with some of these animal hoarders who are asked to quit "cold turkey" and they end up having to get rid of thier favorite oldest animal. I am sorry, but if I had a cat or dog for 13 years and I was a hoarder, I think those people have a right to keep their "special one" If I had too many, there is one I just absolutely could not get rid of, my aussie mix Amy. She is 11 and I would rather die than give her up.

I watched Peter's episode last week, knowing nothing of you guys and the parts you had in it.

God bless you both for helping this man.

I would love any updates you guys can provide.

And I'd SO take some of the birds if I weren't on the other side of the country.

Just finished watching the AE Hoarders chicken episode with "Hanna". Oh my god I'm just so angry and upset. How could have your chickens live like that? They were suffering so hard, and in tubs? With no light or grass or bugs? Oh man. Now I've got to watch the Animal Planet episode so I can feel better that the Chickens are on their way to finding a good home.

Thank you so much to everyone posting supportive messages for Animal Place!
big_smile.png
I know not everyone on here agrees with the morals behind the group, as it is essentially an animal rights group, but regardless we do help out a lot of animals who would otherwise be killed and make sure they are able to live out the rest of their lives. We are a non-profit group and we work hard to make sure we're helping as many animals in need as we can. I do notice and appreciate all of the encouragement.

I'll update once I know for certain if anyone in our group has called Animal Planet about the way they edited the episode.
wink.png

Quote:
I know, the one with Hanna was absolutely devastating!
hit.gif
At least Peter cared about his birds, and treated them fairly well even though the conditions were unsanitary... What Hanna did was just sickening and horrifying! I wish I could take all of those birds away from her right now. It saddened me so much when that poor guinea hen died in the arms of the rescuer.
sad.png
Gahhh, I just cannot get over that Hanna episode.

Saw the episode! I'm glad some of the great folks of the BYC were able to help out!!!! I'm sure it was a huge relief to know that people who really cared and understood were on the job!

Shout out to ANIMAL PLACE & ROB for helping Peter. You changed his life for the better.

Peter, if you ever read this thread, just know the BYC family is here for you.

Of course, she was angry. Taking her things and animals away from her is like pulling her teeth or cutting off her fingers. They feel like they are part of her. I know this because my mother is a hoarder (not of animals). I feel for the animals, but I feel for Hannah as well. She can't help herself. Unfortunately, there is no way to force her to seek help. Too bad she got into hoarding animals as well as things.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom