Consolidated Kansas

I had a big hatch yesterday that really were due today. I have just a few eggs left yet to hatch. My brooder is pretty full right now, but I do have someone coming to get her chicks this morning thank goodness.

Congrats on the hatchlings @OzawkieBantams and @Trish44 ! I'm anxiously awaiting hatch day for my muscovy eggs, which are due a week from today. I've got 4 that look viable in there, and I'm really hoping to have a successful hatch. This is only my second attempt at hatching so I'm a bit nervous about it!

Congrats on the hatchlings @OzawkieBantams and @Trish44 ! I'm anxiously awaiting hatch day for my muscovy eggs, which are due a week from today. I've got 4 that look viable in there, and I'm really hoping to have a successful hatch. This is only my second attempt at hatching so I'm a bit nervous about it!
Good luck on your hatch, usually ducks are pretty easy. I have a hatch of Ancona ducks due in two days for an order. I have some more in the incubator to hatch for me. I've been hatching chicks before this.

Hi all! Wife and I decided after about 3 years to finally pull the trigger and get some chickens. We have 10 total so far ;). First set is about 4-5 weeks old and the second is around 2-3 weeks. Joined because I feel you can never know too much and want to see how a lot of people do this as well.

Hi all! Wife and I decided after about 3 years to finally pull the trigger and get some chickens. We have 10 total so far ;). First set is about 4-5 weeks old and the second is around 2-3 weeks. Joined because I feel you can never know too much and want to see how a lot of people do this as well.

Welcome!!

Saw a site about the most boring states, and Kansas was on it :hit. I think the things people think about our beautiful state who haven't visited is just flat, featureless prairie. Where I live, there's huge hills, and I'm at the top of the highest hill in the neighborhood, and trees everywhere, not a prairie in sight, and even a river.

Hey all. I’m a little worried about my chick that hatched tonight. She jumped out of her shell with what I think is a little bit of yolk left out. Should I do anything but leave her alone?
F369D322-53ED-4C81-B84A-CE9232FD401D.jpeg

Welcome to the new people! I missed a few posts while I was busy building a new pen for my little Cochins. @rlh1 just leave the chick alone & hopefully it will be OK. I have had them even have some egg sack still attached & it dries up. I had one last night in fact & I think it's going to be fine. It hatched a day early, did yours as well?

@Friendly_Lurker I know what you mean, we live in the southern part of the Flint Hills & live on a ridge. People who haven't been to our state don't understand how different the terrain can be. I've been to KC a lot of times & there is a big variance there as well in the different areas.

@pflicht I meant so say feel free to ask any questions you might have about raising your chicks. There are people here with years of experience down to just starting. You might get different answers because we all have our ways of doing things, but we'll try to help as much as we can.

Yet another hatch day.
17 out of 30 so far and I have many more pipping.
gotta head to work an I will be home about 4:30pm so I’m hoping that at least 10 more hatch.
All hatching from my homemade Corona Bator. 😊

Attachments

• 7B734902-EBEF-476F-B276-82CE8C3F3C59.jpeg
    7B734902-EBEF-476F-B276-82CE8C3F3C59.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 2
  • E89C593A-E95A-4A75-92E5-8A5CE2E74877.jpeg
    E89C593A-E95A-4A75-92E5-8A5CE2E74877.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom