Consolidated Kansas

Thanks so much Danz & Trish. You are Awesome! I've sent the address to WA. They had a bunch of orders from TX that they cannot ship to because of AI. What a mess.
sad.png

Hello my chicken friends it's been along time sense I've been on. We are doing OK my Dh is still with us but has lost his use of his left side. He stopped his Avastin treatments just taking oral chemo now.
So enough of that I wanted to ask if anyone us interested in two black Cochin roos born July 2014. I'm in Hoyt are

Hello my chicken friends it's been along time sense I've been on. We are doing OK my Dh is still with us but has lost his use of his left side. He stopped his Avastin treatments just taking oral chemo now.
So enough of that I wanted to ask if anyone us interested in two black Cochin roos born July 2014. I'm in Hoyt are

I'm so glad to hear that your DH is still alive. I know this has been a terribly long and rough road for you. Good to have you back with us.

I was going to say those could be little mille fleur d'uccles due to the wing feathering but they are missing muffs. So I would say they are bantam cochins. You will love them. Keep us posted with pictures as they feather in. I doubt you can trade the Cornish chicks back in, but even so if you aren't up to butchering them yourself you could always sell them to someone who wants them for food. Just make a point not to get too attached.
Years ago we had cornish cross... I mean decades ago and we always kept the girls as layers. But back then they didn't bulk up quite as much as they do now. They were so slow they'd get picked off by predators one by one. We would get 100 chicks every year. But we also only paid 3 cents each for them. Oh how things have changed.
Quote:
Welcome venymae. Where are you in east central Kansas? Most of us are considered to be East Central but that covers a large area. You might be neighbors to one of us.
I for sure don't need hatching eggs but many people are always looking for some.
It's supposed to be a beautiful day but it's kind of cloudy right now. I hope I can get a lot done today. Good weather always makes me feel better.

Danz here are the updated pictures of the Bantams (I have had them 15 days now not sure their exact age)

Does anyone withing a couple hours drive of Lawrence plan to have turken chicks for sale? I have no idea why I'm so taken with them. As my mom used to say, "They're so ugly they're cute." I guess sums it up. So I spend some time researching them and asking questions elsewhere. Several people in places colder than KS said they've been successful. I'd really love to give them a try.

Does anyone withing a couple hours drive of Lawrence plan to have turken chicks for sale?  I have no idea why I'm so taken with them. As my mom used to say, "They're so ugly they're cute." I guess sums it up. So I spend some time researching them and asking questions elsewhere.  Several people in places colder than KS said they've been successful.  I'd really love to give them a try.

I never really thought about it, but I do have a really ugly rooster that I could breed to a cute hen I have. This rooster was absolutely adorable as a child! It would have to wait til I got back towed end of April. I am not sure I would deliberately hatch them though, would you want eggs possibly?

See the darling on the left?

Same darling turned ugly! I really don't know what happened! What s change!

That not turkens though, just showgirls that got bred with some other stuff!

Last edited:
Dang it I just wiped out my post.
Danz here are the updated pictures of the Bantams (I have had them 15 days now not sure their exact age)
I'm still going to say cochins but the coloring is confusing. Pictures can leave a little to be desired. I can go to aout any chick bin and identify breeds but to see pictures it becomes iffy.
Look at them in their natural habitat. If they tend to have a more rounded back they are probably cochins. If they are slimmer looking and have a U shaped back they would probably be d'uccle. I have seen several d'uccle chicks in the bins for sale that are missing muffs which is where the confusion comes in. I'm still going with bantam cochins. Keep the pictures coming. Within a couple weeks it should be obvious.

I put my goose eggs in the hatcher today. I had one egg that felt lighter than the others so I thought I would go candle it to make sure it finished developing & got in where the candler is & had a burned out bulb. While I was messing with that the egg started chirping, oh well I guess I don't need to candle it now. Wish me luck, these are my first geese to try to hatch. 6 out of 7 eggs were developing when I candled them early on, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom