Consolidated Kansas

I'm going to try one more time to re-home my Chocolate Orpington cockerel before he visits freezer camp. I took these pictures this morning. He is living in bachelor quarters right now, and he is bored.

He is LF and 100% English: Ewe crazy farms and Fancy Chicks lines. He will mature at about 18 months, so he still has some growing to do. He came from an egg my broody hatched (from Chicken Danz), and he is magnificent. He is almost 24 weeks old and still growing. In the pictures, his tail feathers are wet from the heavy dew on the grass so they look thin, but they aren't.

If you have a need for a powerful rooster, I've got the guy for you. PM me or email directly at sharol46 at gmail dot com. I'm sure we can work out a price that is fair to you.

Hi everyone! I've been absent for a couple of weeks because we were gone on a cruise. We just got back yesterday afternoon after 2 days of flying & I came home with a bad cold. I haven't had a bad head cold for a very long time. I guess I lost some chickens while I was gone, I guess I just have to accept that's going to happen every time I leave for long. I don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I hope everyone here is doing well & your birds are well.

Hi everyone! I've been absent for a couple of weeks because we were gone on a cruise. We just got back yesterday afternoon after 2 days of flying & I came home with a bad cold. I haven't had a bad head cold for a very long time. I guess I lost some chickens while I was gone, I guess I just have to accept that's going to happen every time I leave for long. I don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I hope everyone here is doing well & your birds are well.
So sorry you lost birds. Back when my granddaughter was born (7 years ago) it seemed like every time I went somewhere we lost a pet. All elderly, no surprises, but my poor DH had to deal with the losses alone. I think it happened 3 times in 2 years. Of course when you live in a geriatric ward, it is to be expected (all losses were in their late teens - pretty old for dogs and cats).

I hope you had a good time on the cruise. I've never been on one.

Welcome chicklover56. This is a VERY busy thread most of the time. It has been pretty quiet lately, but things will pick up again once we all have time to breathe and have the fall maintenance done.

Where are you from? What kinds of birds to you have (or want to have)?

Yeah it's the pits to lose birds while you're gone. The worst part is I lost my RIR rooster & now have to replace him for next hatching season. I lost a lavender Orp as well & that is bad too.

The cruise was great, at least till I got sick the last two days at sea coming back to Barcelona. Flying with a cold is just the pits, my ears were killing me & I had the whole blowing the nose thing & coughing the whole time. We flew to Barcelona, Spain & spent 3 days there & then sailed to France, Italy, & Montenegro. We want to go back to Italy & France again if we can & see things we didn't have time for.

I know danz won't ask but please everyone pray for her, she has had a really awful time with surgery & needs lots of prayers.

Back
Top Bottom