Consolidated Kansas

Too bad the dogs can't fly. I would have no worries then. LOL
You can kill coyotes in Kansas if they are a nuisance on your property in rural areas. But fox are considered fur bearers and can only be killed legally during season which happens to be right now. But you have to have a license to do so....legally. Since Dani lives in a populated area she can't shoot a fire arm legally I'm sure. This is where you use the SSS private rule.;)
See-Shoot-Shovel???????????????

I haven't had an owl problem since I started using solar lights, and motion detector lights. I think the white light messes up their vision. My motion detector lights operate on 3 D-cell batteries and last for several months. They are focused toward trees, that are close to the pens. I was having a problem, before I set up the lights.
Ralph that sounds like it might confuse them, anything that works is a good thing with predators.

blue-merry-christmas-bethlehem-star-wishes-gif.gif

Happy New Year chicken people!
I thought my almost-three-year-old hens were not going to lay all winter (since their October molt) and kind of stopped checking so as to not let cold air in when, surprise, two days ago I found that the Pinky the super-chicken Leghorn had laid 5 eggs over I-don't'know-how-many-days. Unfortunately I felt I needed to throw them out. Then today, Blinky the RIRed kicked in as well.
Curious, we hit the solstice 10 days ago - the days start getting a tiny bit longer and bingo...eggs again!

Nods yep my girls have all kicked back into High Gear but that is also might fault its been so dark and gloomy with the non stop rain that I have been leaving their day lights on until like 9 or 10 at night which they love though I gotta get more straw tomorrow :) Suppose to be nice all weekend toppin off with hitting 60 on Monday I can't wait I HATE the super super cold grrr.

Back
Top Bottom