Ended Contest # 4 Edible Easter. 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch a Long!

This morning the Easter Bunny left an early present for us- an entirely edible basket!

The base is chocolate cake generously iced in Nutella hazelnut spread, decorated with piped white buttercream, Cadbury Mini Eggs, green candy floss for the grass, and white chocolate flowers. The basket handle is made of hardened white chocolate, decorated with jellybeans. The rabbit is a Lindt chocolate bunny, covered in fondant to make it a Dutch rabbit. It has a pink jellybean nose.

All done, whew!

It's a Braided Easter Egg Bread, complete with candy decorations (and real eggs too)...

Great entries!

:yuckyuck

I should get out more - never would have guessed Wal Mart would have such cute easter bunnies.
You could just keep the other 2 and raise chocolate bunnies?

:gig

Good morning Sunflour! Any ideas on yours yet? I've thought about doing something but we will see...
1f60b.png

:clap :pop

It's Sunday, give yourself a break and a rest, lol

No rest for the wicked!

@sunflour your "moss" rabbit looks amazing! Good job!

I like the bowl too...is it really old?

Thanks - I don't plan to try the cracker mold experiment again, what a mess, green food color all over my kitchen
rant.gif
- but kitchen counter cleaner did get it off. I found the idea on line and honestly think the blogger cheated with real glue and real moss. There is no possible way to get total coverage with Karo syrup. This was my first attempt at fondant ( not the gum paste I usually use). I did enjoy that new experiment. But, @Blooie is the Fondant Queen
bun.gif
. Cannot wait to see what she comes up with.

No the bowl was a gift and was likely an import. But, It has a rabbit lid and is usually a "junk" catcher that looks pretty.

Back
Top Bottom