Ended Contest # 4 Edible Easter. 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch a Long!

This morning the Easter Bunny left an early present for us- an entirely edible basket!

The base is chocolate cake generously iced in Nutella hazelnut spread, decorated with piped white buttercream, Cadbury Mini Eggs, green candy floss for the grass, and white chocolate flowers. The basket handle is made of hardened white chocolate, decorated with jellybeans. The rabbit is a Lindt chocolate bunny, covered in fondant to make it a Dutch rabbit. It has a pink jellybean nose.

This morning the Easter Bunny left an early present for us- an entirely edible basket! The base is chocolate cake generously iced in Nutella hazelnut spread, decorated with piped white buttercream, Cadbury Mini Eggs, green candy floss for the grass, and white chocolate flowers. The basket handle is made of hardened white chocolate, decorated with jellybeans. The rabbit is a Lindt chocolate bunny, covered in fondant to make it a Dutch rabbit. It has a pink jellybean nose.
:woot What a wonderful Easter Bunny you have there ;) It looks fab :highfive:

Last edited:
@LadyCluck77 that looks awesome! Good job
clap.gif

All done, whew!

It's a Braided Easter Egg Bread, complete with candy decorations (and real eggs too)...

Very pretty!
Do you bake the eggs right in the bread?

Thank you!

Yep, just put the raw eggs in the dough braid and they'll cook as the bread bakes.

I colored my eggs but this would be pretty if you have some colorful egg layers (my eggs are from the store).

This morning the Easter Bunny left an early present for us- an entirely edible basket!

The base is chocolate cake generously iced in Nutella hazelnut spread, decorated with piped white buttercream, Cadbury Mini Eggs, green candy floss for the grass, and white chocolate flowers. The basket handle is made of hardened white chocolate, decorated with jellybeans. The rabbit is a Lindt chocolate bunny, covered in fondant to make it a Dutch rabbit. It has a pink jellybean nose.

Very nicely done, I luv it.
clap.gif

All done, whew!

It's a Braided Easter Egg Bread, complete with candy decorations (and real eggs too)...

Beautiful, I love the colors you picked, and a what a great looking bread basket
thumbsup.gif

...(.I had the same question about the eggs baked in the bread -you've already answered.)

I'm off tomorrow and will get my entry in if I can find the supplies I need
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom