Ended Tell Us Your Funniest Chicken Story to Win Six Bags of Feed from Nutrena!

We have a winner!
celebrate.gif

A big congratulations to the author of post #105, Cotton42!!! Cotton42, look for a PM from me, and thanks to everyone who entered! We had a great time reading all of your stories!

Last edited:
My husband and I had only had chickens for a few months when we decided to go camping and asked my brother to watch the chickens for us. I told him it was an easy job, all you have to do is close the coop door at night and open it in the morning and fill the feed and water bowl. He agreed to do it and that first night came over to lock them up around dusk. When he went around to the run to close the run door he saw a figure lying splayed out on the ground. Distraught and wondering how he was going to explain how he lost a chicken the first night we left them in his care, he went into the house and got a bag to put the poor soul into. He then opened the run and picked up the dead thing, only to discover it was a head of romaine lettuce I had thrown to the girls earlier that day to keep them occupied! The poor guy was so embarrassed that he didn't tell me this story until a month afterwards.

Congratulations on a good story.
big_smile.png

CG

Congratulations Cotton 42!
I am new to raising Chickens and I had the most fun reading every ones story. I do not normally join groups like this but I had to after lurking and reading these great stories. Thanks to everyone who posted a funny story. It looks like all of us newbies have many wonderful years of adventure to look forward to.

The chicken story contest is over i know but reminds me of a DUCK story that happend 40 years ago i never have forgotten to this day

I lived in an apartment complex each one story apartment next to each other
.One Easter neighbors bought their little girl a baby ducking which as time went on grew to a full fledged duck..Itl ived out on the lawn around the apartments and had its own baby pool
One day another neighbor friend who lived between that duck lady and i, came up to me her big brown eyes even bigger than ever hair askew and told me this story in a very serious way in her slow Nawlens (New Orleans) drawl...
she said ...
I was out tendin my flowas and pickin weeds on ma knees when the duck came up and quacked at me so i quacked back at the little lonesome ol thang..
.Well then it quacked at me again and so i quack back again not payin him much mind when all of a sudden that ol duck jumped up on ma waist and hung on fo deah life! I couldnt get that duck ofa me!
Indignant.;..
That ol duck tryed to have his way with me!

By the time she finished in such a serious big eyed way in that slow serious new Orleans drawl i was in tears. laughing so hard I could barely breath picturing the scene
Think there is some famous painting of a Rubenesque woman being covered by a swan (although my friend was a skinny little thing) .or maybe i just made that up in my mind.What i pictured
She was a really funny person Ive never forgotten and had some funny ways about her too so i never did know if she was serious about the duck attack or not. but thinking back i guess she was right. It was truly that ducks intent. but cant be blamed as he Im sure thought she had said in duck language "come on big boy.... Here i am waitin"!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom