Ended Tell Us Your Funniest Chicken Story to Win Six Bags of Feed from Nutrena!

well my chickens roost up high and i have this one chicken that is really old *bless her* but sometimes an egg will literally fall out of her they normally crack and get ruined, but this one night i was doing my regular check to see if all my chookies where their i was standing under the roost and counting them when all of a sudden Crack an egg had landed bang on the middle of my head and the worst part of all it was still warm !! it was disgusting but i laugh about it now haha !!

well my chickens roost up high and i have this one chicken that is really old *bless her* but sometimes an egg will literally fall out of her they normally crack and get ruined, but this one night i was doing my regular check to see if all my chookies where their i was standing under the roost and counting them when all of a sudden Crack an egg had landed bang on the middle of my head and the worst part of all it was still warm !! it was disgusting but i laugh about it now haha !!
At least it wasn't poop
gig.gif
Eggs are actually very good for the hair. The protein gives hair a beautiful shine.

I dont know if the contest has ended but here is my funniest chicken story.

This is a story about my hen Olive. I let my chickens in my house and one day she went into the computer room and sat on the desk. She sat there for an hour then got up she had layed an egg. She did that for about 5 days then made a new nest because the eggs kept on dissapearing. She moved to one of the couches she stayed there for around 2 weeks. We had no idea she is a broody girl at this point. Then she moves to a different couch in a different room. She layed in that spot for around 2 weeks then I decided to check if she was broody. We left the eggs there for 2 weeks. Then once there was 14 eggs she stayed and sat on them for 24 hours. Then she left for around 7 hours and I thought maybe she is not broody. I did not take the eggs. That night she came back and I was not sure if any would hatch after the 7 hour break. She sat their for 21 days. Then I woke up at 6:00 A.M that morning on the 21 day point I heard no peping and saw noting. So i lleft the room to go on BYC. I kept coming back to check for chicks. After I had checked about 6 times I went in there and a little Australorp Americana mix chick now named Bumblebee was standing on the couch cushion. Olive ended up hatching 10 chicks out of 14 eggs. The chicks are still young nowand still are being taken care of by Olive. This is the first time i have ever had a broody hen and I see how much happier chicks are with a mom then with no mom. Now Olive is a great mom with a good taste in nests. Here is a picture of Bumblebee one of Olives chicks.

That is soooo funny

Ok we'll here is my story!! It used to not be as funny as it is now to me!! When I was a girl (i was about 6 or7) our family raised chickens and it was my duty that day to gather the eggs I loved it .... so in I went locked the door to the yard behind me and gathered my basket full of about 25- 30 eggs I was so proud and just as I exited the coup back into the yard here comes the 10ft rooster(as I imagined it as a kid) I remember panicking and running with my basket full of eggs towards the chicken yard door and just as I get to the door and shaking by this time fumble for the clasp the giant red rooster ATTACKS!!! He starts flogging me and I start screeming bloody murder I must have fallen since I was so frightened because I remember him jumping on and off my back lol All of a sudden the yard door swings open and the monster chicken runs away I first realize I wasn't dead and then realize that mom , dad , and 2 siblings have ran to my rescue and then I realize I was covered in egg yolk from the knees down .... I had dumped my basket full of eggs that I was so proud of and fallen into them ......needless to say I never returned into the coup of horror again .... I was terrified of that 10ft rooster !! And it wasn't until I got older and was retelling the horrifying story, that my parents broke it to me that it was a lil 2 ft chicken and not the monster 10ft rooster in my mindseye as a child!! Lol. Thanks for reading!!

Ok here's my story...
It has been raining like mad dogs and cats here in my neck of the woods of AR. Well I'm the one lately to go feed the animals and gather eggs, the chickens are my daughters but it's been so cold and wet here lately that I've just chosen to do it myself. Out of the goodness of her heart my mom bought me some new wellies for christmas, so I have them on. I go outside to do my thing...picture it, I'm bundled up, food bucket in hand, water bucket in the other. My daughter's cats, dog are winding in and out of my legs waiting for some food. The mud is covering my feet, its cold and windy enough to carry away my house!

My daughter also has a bunny and a guinea pig, which whistles constantly. Well as I am bending down getting the food out, also dipping out the ff for the chickens which are about to go crazy inside the coop, cinnamon (guinea pig) singing his song for me. Just as I stand up from getting the grain, and ff, the wind gusts so hard that it flips the food bucket up and over my head, the bin lid goes flapping through the wind. I step backwards cause I'm trying not to fall backwards, my shoes get stuck in the mud, so I fall backwards like I'm making a mud angel. The food is flying through the air comes down behind me, flips upside down, the ff pan comes down and lands in my lap. The dog goes wild for the grain, the cats come over to me, sit on me wanting to be petted.

I'm so mad at this point because I'm covered in mud, stuck and the cats are crawling all over me. Well about 10 minutes later my mom finally wonders hmmm where is April? So she looks out and there I am sitting in the mud, my feet are still stuck. So she comes out (she needs her knees replaced so she doesn't walk anymore than need be) and tries to get me out of the mud. No such luck, so I take my feet out of my boots, crawl to higher ground. I finally get to the door, mom goes in and starts the shower, while my sister comes outside to sheild me as much as possible so I can strip outside. I make it inside and takes me what seems like forever to wash off.

My sister feeds everyone that day, but the eggs weren't collected, she is terrified of the chickens. I did loose a whole bucket full of grain and ff for the chickens, but the dog had a feast! My shoes are still caked in mud, but it rained again soon after so my "angel" is gone. Needless to say: I am now a true hater of WINTER!!!

Hope you enjoyed my story!

Well I have a few kind of funny stories, I had a white rooster when I was a kid he was a farm friend and nice untell we had a house fire. He then went to my grandmas farm, there he became protective so when any one got outta there cars he'd wait for them and chance them on top of there cars or try to flog u quit the guy. And now I have a rooster and if he's in the yard being a chicken and u say u chicken like he's in trouble he takes off running away. It more funny in person. Lol

When we purchased our first 6 laying hens, two were white leghorns. Being new to having chickens, I hadn't put a cover over my pen, therefore once "one" of the white leghorns hit the ground she took flight and flew over the 6' fence. She paced and paced round and round the pen wanting in with the others but we couldn't get near her. She had to stay out overnight to my horror. I just knew something would eat her, but come morning she was still pacing....we propped the gate open with a string that we could control, letting it shut when the insiders came close, then pulling it open when THELMA came close. Finally she went inside and the gate was shut, therefore the two white leghorns are named Thelma and Louise. It's funny to think back on it, but it wasn't at the time.

My fattest chick peeps shrilly whenever anyone comes near him or picks him up. I was holding him in my lap trying with little success to calm him down. Suddenly he was silent. I thought that I had finally calmed him down untill I lifted him up and found the large and discussing present that he had left me.

Back
Top Bottom