Cooked Rice?

exactly right, cooked rice is just fine for chickens plus my 42 year old parrot, loves cooked basmati rice with a bit of soy sauce HA and also he loves Chinese food ,pizza and spaghetti he eats every thing we eat except for meat.
Hi everyone, I give my girls leftover sausage egg and bacon! Is this wrong?

Lovely picture Diannastar. BTW - one warning about foods.
Do not feed them dry potato flakes - those WILL expand and probably kill them. I use that and water to keep down the mice.

Hate to say it but my chickens LOVE anything with FAT in it. I let them finish off the gristly pork chop and other cooked meat parts, including the Turkey carcass. They do an admiral job on it. Suggestive of the ancient 'air burials' the ancients and even some of our native tribes used to do. Not much left after the birds get through.
Now with winter cold fat can be a good thing for them.

Hate to say it but my chickens LOVE anything with FAT in it. I let them finish off the gristly pork chop and other cooked meat parts, including the Turkey carcass. They do an admiral job on it. Suggestive of the ancient 'air burials' the ancients and even some of our native tribes used to do. Not much left after the birds get through.
Now with winter cold fat can be a good thing for them.
i agree my flock are exactly the same,

Lovely picture Diannastar. BTW - one warning about foods.
Do not feed them dry potato flakes - those WILL expand and probably kill them. I use that and water to keep down the mice.[/QUOTE potato flakes that's good info, & good you don't use poison , I have electric mouse traps in the buildings & 3 wild cats that are amazing hunters, & so far I have not seen a mouse in 2 years, HA... lol ...:D but I will remember your potato flakes advice..!:thumbsup:goodpost:

I'm going to give my chicks a handful of cooked rice as their treat. I'll add some dill and mint to give it a little content benefit.

Maybe you're thinking of quick cooked, boxed rice. Dehydrated rice has to be cooked first in order to dry out the liquid. :)
The difference between field rice and uncooked rice, field rice is raw, will not swell. However, uncooked rice is dehydrated, which is why it swells. Just a little info.

Back
Top Bottom